Options
Here's a Details descriptor you don't often see "Artificially Worn".
Someone wanted that PO01 pretty bad. How can you tell it is AW?

5
Someone wanted that PO01 pretty bad. How can you tell it is AW?

Comments
That is cool.
I am perplexed by how PCGS makes that determination.
(I am grateful they do though.)
Here is another:
Gotta get those natural lowballs.
Pocket piece with keys is Ok.
Rock tumbler or any other tool is not Ok.
What about 2 gloved robots passing it back and forth 100,000 times?
All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.
The graders must have the eyes of a pilot.
Haven't seen that designation before. I wonder what criteria they use to determine that.
probably many, but for the 2 shown the rim/edge wear needs to be consistent with the obverse and reverse wear.
IMHO, a coin that worn from natural circulation would have more contact marks from contact with other coins in actual circulation.
It’s about time. I have never received a Kennedy half in change, silver or clad, as they seldom circulate yet I will see these lowball 64’s or 40% pieces in slabs. Why is it that all the 1964 quarters that I see in the 90% junk bins solid XF or better? Because for the most part they were immediately plucked out of circulation. No way did a Kennedy silver half dollar circulate to the point that it looks like a piece of metal found at a hardware store.
I've got a rock tumbler in my pocket.