Home Sports Talk

Congratulations Patriots nation

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he's still got a lot left in the tank.

Comments

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

https://youtu.be/J34UzHo4G5w

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks DD but I'm not sure it will help us much

It's right up Hoodies alley to sign former big name players on the cheap to see if they can rekindle past glory but I'm not so sure Zeke will be much more than a situational change of pace guy

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@doubledragon said:

I know, I was just being nice. Sorry perkdog, he's done.

@doubledragon said:

@galaxy27 said:

@doubledragon said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, DD, you started a thread just trolling Patriots Nation! 👎👎😉🤬

We will remember that as the season plays out!

Turnabout is fair play

Be on the lookout, DD, for a congratulatory thread coming the way of the Panthers faithful fans! You never know when it may strike! Or even...if it will at all!

@thisistheshow said:

Turnabout is fair play

Be on the lookout, DD, for a congratulatory thread coming the way of the Panthers faithful fans! You never know when it may strike! Or even...if it will at all!

Just ribbing you guys, in all seriousness I hope the Patriots have a good season, I think Mac Jones will play his heart out and get you guys into the playoffs this year. And please, no Panthers thread, I've suffered enough!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Turnabout is fair play

Just ribbing you guys, in all seriousness I hope the Patriots have a good season, I think Mac Jones will play his heart out and get you guys into the playoffs this year. And please, no Panthers thread, I've suffered enough!

Be on the lookout for that Panthers thread! 😂😂😂😂 it could come at anytime!

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Turnabout is fair play

Ok, I feel bad now, so I'll take a shot at my Panthers. Here, look how short our quarterback is, you can barely see him at the introduction press conference!

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

Turnabout is fair play

@doubledragon said:

Honestly I think that one thing that that too many people are overestimating since he signed with NE is that he's not coming here to be a 300/1400/12 type of #1 RB. Nobody is expecting that guy to show up for the Pats this season but if he could come in as the #2 guy behind Stevenson and give them somewhere in the 175/750/8 range while pass blocking like he has in recent years,then that would definitely be a realistic addition to their offense.

Last season his rushing statline was 231/872/12 in 15 games but his targets in the passing game dropped by almost 2/3rds from the previous season (went from 65 to 23.) In NE he'll probably be asked to rush less but could see more targets in the passing game when that has always been one area that he excelled in.

No matter which way that you look at it the Pats needed another RB, preferably one with experience. They have Stevenson who is turning into one of the better two way backs in footbal but not much else behind him. BB drafted two RBs in the 2022 draft that are still a work in porgress in Strong & Harris,there's JJ Taylor who has mostly been on their practice squad in recent seasons and then a WR turned Rb in Ty Montgomery that got hurt early in camp and has been out since then.

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Turnabout is fair play

Ok, I feel bad now, so I'll take a shot at my Panthers. Here, look how short our quarterback is, you can barely see him at the introduction press conference!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Turnabout is fair play

When did the Panthers trade for Kyler Murray? 😎

@doubledragon said:

@galaxy27 said:

@doubledragon said:

Dallas is one of those teams that plays a game on every Thanksgiving, I blame this on all that Turducken that the NFL be handing out postgame. 😉

When did Carolina trade for Kyler Murray? 😎

This is what happens when your team plays every Thanksgiving and the NFL forces you to eat Turducken after the game ends. 😉

@erikthredd said:
    When did Carolina trade for Kyler Murray? 😎

This is what happens when your team plays every Thanksgiving and the NFL forces you to eat Turducken after the game ends. 😉

Worse than Kyler Murray, it's pretty bad when your quarterback disappears behind the offensive line. And yes, Bryce Young is in this photo.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not expecting much from Zeke in the running game, but he is quite good, I hear, in picking up the blitz. I also am hoping for him to be a good target for Mac in the passing game.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Speaking of Congratulations Patriots Nation, this might be old but a friend just sent it to me. 🤣😂🤣
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuhmX3qNleo/