Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency
Options

Where do I look up valuation of $1 and $100 Federal Reserve Notes dated 1934a as well as 1928?

orevilleoreville Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 14, 2023 2:32PM in Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency

are these worth more than face value? i suspect they are not pristine uncirculated.

Do I even bother getting them graded by CU?

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Comments

• Options

No one knows?

• Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Post photos of the notes and you'll get responses. For circulated notes, I often search on eBay and then click on "SOLD". Sellers can ask for anything they want; sold prices are better indicators of the market value.

• Options

No one knows?

• Options
    edited August 28, 2023 9:34PM

posted photo above

Most of the $100 notes look like this one.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

The note posted looks to be the Friedberg #2153D.
    Unfortunately this quarter’s CPG doesn’t have a listing for it.
    My very old Krause catalog shows it at $180 in XF, $300 in CU63.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always wonder where raw notes like that have been sitting all these years. I certainly don't have any in my sock drawer!

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2023 4:03PM

@oreville said:
    No one knows?

I think $125 each may be reasonable if they are in low unc condition. I’d be interested in a few if you’re selling 1928 notes?

• Options

I was asking to view the current published values of these currency notes?

• Options
    Mike59Mike59 Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2023 11:53AM

@oreville said:
    I was asking to view the current published values of these currency notes?

Coin world puts out a “paper money values” listing but i don’t know how to forward it. The Series 1934-A $100 FRB C is listed as $125 in VF $150 in EF and $250 in CU. I’ve personally seen graded examples sell for more. Most of my collection is Raw and Raw notes usually sell below the values. If u need some values let me know and I’ll get the current values for you.
    Mike

MIKE B.

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd look on eBay completed sales because the 1928-1934 are selling between $110 and $150 routinely. They aren't bringing much more than face value. If they are truly in great condition like 64+, then they can bring $200 or more. Guides are more or less irrelevant on notes like these.

• Options
    edited September 7, 2023 6:15AM

Then these are generally not worth getting graded as I believe theseare low uncirculated grades at best.
    Unless PCGS and her sister company has a grading special price-wise.

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

PMG would grade these at the more expensive tiers based on face value alone, but as many sly collectors here approach you to buy, then know that is where you can hit home runs too. I'd have them graded by PMG, IMHO High Denoms are ripe for appreciation

• Options

Interesting advice.