Home Sports Talk
Options

In honor of National Bowling day

coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's National Bowling day. Here's one of the best tv moments in bowling history. Mark Roth's 7-10 split conversion in 1979.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPllVnruRAc

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

Comments

  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I used to bowl on a leauge awhile ago. Just an average 151 bowler but did have a 600 series once 221/198/212. After they banned indoor smoking at the bowling alley we all quit the leauge! That was impossible to bowl, drink, and not be able to smoke - :D

    "When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Steven59 said:
    I used to bowl on a leauge awhile ago. Just an average 151 bowler but did have a 600 series once 221/198/212. After they banned indoor smoking at the bowling alley we all quit the leauge! That was impossible to bowl, drink, and not be able to smoke - :D

    ....
    So this was awhile ago....😂

  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @thisistheshow said:
    So this was awhile ago....😂

    20 years ago?

    "When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

  • Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I grew up watching the great Earl Anthony. Watching him at a young age got me involved in bowling for many years in different leagues. Earl was a multi sport athlete who could have played any sport he chose, he played minor league baseball for a spell also. I was ok when I was at my best, I carried a 175 average, with my best series being a 623.

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Amazingly difficult achievement, I spent a lot of my youth in bowling alleys back in the 90s, Brunswick Lanes, Buffalo Lanes, they were the place to be, I also joined a league and my high game was 262 if I recall correctly. Two things I could never accomplish, bowling a perfect game, and picking up a 7-10 split. One summer, a woman hustled me at billiards in the arcade room at Brunswick lanes, I'll never get over it!

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It was $2.00, she hustled me for $2.00, pretended she couldn't play. I was only 16, that was a lot of money back then!

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:
    Amazingly difficult achievement, I spent a lot of my youth in bowling alleys back in the 90s, Brunswick Lanes, Buffalo Lanes, they were the place to be, I also joined a league and my high game was 262 if I recall correctly. Two things I could never accomplish, bowling a perfect game, and picking up a 7-10 split. One summer, a woman hustled me at billiards in the arcade room at Brunswick lanes, I'll never get over it!

    ...
    Ay, yes, the famous story about the older woman who hustled you at pool. Please, do tell again...we need details.

  • Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I've always tried hard to bowl a 300, but have never been able to accomplish.

    Anyone else find it odd that Bowling day is in the summer? That's the sports slow time of year. Some Bowling alleys are closed during the summer months.

    Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

    Ignore list -Basebal21

  • Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:
    Amazingly difficult achievement, I spent a lot of my youth in bowling alleys back in the 90s, Brunswick Lanes, Buffalo Lanes, they were the place to be, I also joined a league and my high game was 262 if I recall correctly. Two things I could never accomplish, bowling a perfect game, and picking up a 7-10 split. One summer, a woman hustled me at billiards in the arcade room at Brunswick lanes, I'll never get over it!

    262 is one heck of a high game!

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @LandrysFedora said:

    @doubledragon said:
    Amazingly difficult achievement, I spent a lot of my youth in bowling alleys back in the 90s, Brunswick Lanes, Buffalo Lanes, they were the place to be, I also joined a league and my high game was 262 if I recall correctly. Two things I could never accomplish, bowling a perfect game, and picking up a 7-10 split. One summer, a woman hustled me at billiards in the arcade room at Brunswick lanes, I'll never get over it!

    262 is one heck of a high game!

    ..
    DD, you really need to re-tell the pool hustle story ...pretty please 😂

  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @thisistheshow said:
    " DD, you really need to re-tell the pool hustle story ...pretty please 😂"

    Yes, please do! The imagination is running wild......................

    "When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

Sign In or Register to comment.