Home Sports Talk

Elon Musk vs Mark Zuckerberg fight

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

These two have been going at it on social media, it's gotten nasty and personal, and they might be getting together for a MMA fight, and UFC president Dana White is trying to get the fight to happen in the ancient Roman Colosseum.

Colossal clash! Dana White met Italian officials to discuss using Colosseum for Musk vs. Zuckerberg

After Elon Musk suggested using the ancient arena for his fight against Mark Zuckerberg, Dana White spoke to the Italian government about making it happen.

It wasn’t all sun and fun for Dana White in Italy during his recent family vacation. While UFC’s president was traveling through Europe, he took the time to speak to representatives from the Italian government about using The Colosseum for a potential Elon Musk vs. Mark Zuckerberg fight.

White revealed this during a new interview on Mike Tyson’s Hotboxin’ podcast.

“It’s real — it’s real,” White said. “They do wanna fight, it’s real!”

“My wife said Zuckerberg’s gonna kick his ass,” Tyson offered.

Elon Musk Vs. Mark Zuckerberg UFC Cage Fight Details

“It’s funny, because we were talking about The Colosseum for that fight,” White said. “And I actually did have a meeting with the Minister of Culture’s team in Italy to actually hold that fight in The Colosseum if it would happen. It would be MMA. We’re talking. No steroids allowed. These guys would be drug tested.

“Zuckerberg takes this s— very seriously,” Dana added. “He is a huge UFC fan, he trains, and he’s an MMA fan.”

“Elon’s gonna karate kick his ass!” Tyson exclaimed. “Look at how Elon looks, Elon doesn’t even look like he’s from this planet.”

“Elon grew up doing Judo,” White explained. “He’s a legit Judo guy — a legit Judo guy. It’s one of those fights that if we did do that, I would build a killer undercard with tons of great fights and then you’d have the main event. But, think about how big that fight is: two of the richest, most powerful guys in the world are gonna fight on the biggest stage. Everybody [would wanna see it]. Who doesn’t want to see that one?

“That’s the kind of fight your grandmother would watch. It’s huge!

The fight will have to fully come together first, though. And right now it sounds like Zuckerberg is impatiently waiting for Musk, who recently said he may need back surgery before he’ll be able to take on the Facebook magnate in the cage.

We’ll keep you informed as the “Billionaire vs. Billionaire” battle continues to move forward.

Comments

• I have a seething resentment for Elon Musk. He is a conman who's fortune comes directly from his father's slave diamond mines. Zuck is also a rather unlikeable out of touch billionaire.
    The media circus around this nothing burger fight is distracting us from real issues.
    Oh, on top of that the fight will be very predictable. Musk is an undiscipled weakling with a short attention span. Zuck is a disciplined bored billionaire with plenty of training. The fight will go HARD for Zuck because Musk will refuse to train. That is why it also will never happen. Musk never "Puts up" and never "shuts up" either.

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be surprised if the Italian government allowed them to fight in the ancient Roman Colosseum, the Italians wouldn't even allow Bruce Lee to film "The Way of the Dragon" there for the final fight with Chuck Norris. Bruce Lee did sneak a camera in and get a few shots for the chase scene, but the final fight was filmed in a studio.

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

I don't care for Elon Musk either, he changed the Twitter logo to an "X" recently, destroying the iconic Twitter Bird, which by the way was a dedication to Larry Bird because one of the Twitter founders grew up a Celtics fan.

You see, this is a photo of Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris at the actual Roman Colosseum in 1972, they got a camera in there and snuck in some filming for the chase scene, but the fight scene was filmed at the Golden Harvest studios in Hong Kong I believe.

Here is the fight scene with a backdrop screen of the Collosseum.

Anyway, here's the tale of the tape.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh boy, I see these guys gassing after about 90 seconds. It takes a phenomenal amount of endurance to fight for a few rounds. that is why, when you see a street fight, and no one gets knocked out quickly, it will most usually end rather quickly as both combatant's muscles fill with lactic acid and their cardio is terrible.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    oh boy, I see these guys gassing after about 90 seconds. It takes a phenomenal amount of endurance to fight for a few rounds. that is why, when you see a street fight, and no one gets knocked out quickly, it will most usually end rather quickly as both combatant's muscles fill with lactic acid and their cardio is terrible.

Zuckerberg is actually in shape, Musk looks like a melting ice cream cone with his shirt off.

Zuckerberg in 2nd round

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

Zuckerberg is actually in shape, Musk looks like a melting ice cream cone with his shirt off.

Zuckerberg in 2nd round

is he? I havent seen him. I agree, this will be a very short fight.

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

I always thought Zuck was a tall rail thin dude. Didn't know he was Tyler Murray.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    [oh boy, I see these guys gassing after about 90 seconds. ]

"Medic! Bring oxygen, QUICK!!!"

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

^^^^^^^^ this right here!

@Alfonz24 said:

@doubledragon said:

I always thought Zuck was a tall rail thin dude. Didn't know he was Tyler Murray.

Make no mistake about it, Elon Musk is a villain, an evil man, but not as evil as Lassie was!

Ok, good, then it's settled. I have decided to purchase this fight on PPV if it happens, you only get so many good fights to watch in a lifetime. I can't think of a more entertaining battle to watch, except maybe Mike Tyson vs a Giraffe.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't imagine that this would ever really happen. If it does...wow.

I think Tyson would win. He would just punch him in the knee

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭

I wouldnt hold my breath for this to ever happen. Sure they have the money and influence to bribe a corrupt gaming organization, but unless theyre going to fight on a private island or something no legit gaming commission would sanction this. Elon is significantly older and significantly bigger. Theyre more than one weight class apart and Elon isnt going to drop 30 pounds and be anorexic in his 50s. Even a catch weight hed have to lose 15 or so pounds which would be extremely difficult since training would put on muscle.

Missouri 14 OSU 3