Home Sports Talk

Long time members or frequent posters.

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 9, 2023 2:48PM in Sports Talk

With the absence of @doubledragon i was thinking it would be a great idea if members would PM (or post if so desired) alternative contact information in case of a long unexpected absence just to confirm everything is alright.
You don’t have to share it with everyone just one or two frequent poster.
Everyone should have their email on their profile and check to make sure it’s there. You should also exchange a good phone # by PM with a trusted board member.
Just a suggestion

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I appreciate your concern @2dueces, thanks buddy. I'm doing great, just taking a little break, getting ready for the NFL season. Checking in tonight, I realized how much I've missed this place. I noticed Darin hasn't been around for a while, hope he's ok. 🖒

It’s great to hear from you. Every one needs a break. I was just worried you hadn’t even logged on for 2 months. NFL is 26 days away.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@doubledragon said:
    I appreciate your concern @2dueces, thanks buddy. I'm doing great, just taking a little break, getting ready for the NFL season. Checking in tonight, I realized how much I've missed this place. I noticed Darin hasn't been around for a while, hope he's ok. 🖒

It’s great to hear from you. Every one needs a break. I was just worried you hadn’t even logged on for 2 months. NFL is 26 days away.

I'm good, there's no way I'm going to miss the greatest time of the year on the forum. Let the games begin!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2023 6:51AM

Great idea Joe, we got a family here and need to make sure all is well

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool...Cool...cool...

the DD is back town.... B)

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have exchanged emails previously with a few members, but is it possible to have a directory of sorts? Maybe one that those of us who frequently post or have been members for years could access? not just to check up on each other after absences, but to wish happy birthdays or holidays etc? just spitballing here

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone who needs me can find me at 1thisistheshow at Gmail dot com. 👍👍 No spam allowed, but feel free to send me some verbage. 😂

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Anyone who needs me can find me at 1thisistheshow at Gmail dot com. 👍👍 No spam allowed, but feel free to send me some verbage. 😂

Everyone’s email is available on your profile. The meaning of my post was to let someone know an alternative means of contact.
    God forbid something happens to you I seriously doubt emailing you will do any good. Send your phone # to a trusted board member and maybe an alternative contact like a wife or son.

W.C.Fields
  • GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

and this guy is back too!!!

B)

@GroceryRackPack said:
    Cool...Cool...cool...

the DD is back town.... B)

Yes, glad to see you again, I really enjoy your presence here on the forum. 🖒

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@thisistheshow said:

Everyone’s email is available on your profile. The meaning of my post was to let someone know an alternative means of contact.
    God forbid something happens to you I seriously doubt emailing you will do any good. Send your phone # to a trusted board member and maybe an alternative contact like a wife or son.

Actually, I thought we all had the option to block email visibility. I was just putting mine out there...for posterity. But I understand your point. 👍👍

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me and Joe exchanged info, if anyone else is interested feel free to PM me

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paul and I have exchanged email and phone info as well. I have slowed down my posting to less than a trickle, the Red Sox on/off the field nonsense being the exception. I've been a Red Sox fan since forever.
    I do lurk and read, but don't feel I have much to contribute, thus the lack of posting. Now with the NFL season upon us, if someone picks up the "contest" banner, I may join in. There's a pretty tight knit group here that has lasted through some ups and downs over the years. Let's continue the camaraderie.

I think DD is just resting up for football season and will be roaring back soon. He should soon be up to a very vigorous level of posting. I look forward to his wit and clever posts. PMs always work for me as well.

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Paul and I have exchanged email and phone info as well. I have slowed down my posting to less than a trickle, the Red Sox on/off the field nonsense being the exception. I've been a Red Sox fan since forever.
    I do lurk and read, but don't feel I have much to contribute, thus the lack of posting. Now with the NFL season upon us, if someone picks up the "contest" banner, I may join in. There's a pretty tight knit group here that has lasted through some ups and downs over the years. Let's continue the camaraderie.

I think DD is just resting up for football season and will be roaring back soon. He should soon be up to a very vigorous level of posting. I look forward to his wit and clever posts. PMs always work for me as well.

Yes, rest is very important, it's going to be a long season. Yes, I'll drink to that!