Home U.S. Coin Forum

Aug 7, 2023: Can I get A Current Ballpark Estimate On Turnaround Time For A PCGS Submission?

OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recent submissions you have received lately. Thanks!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

Comments

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,457 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd expect a log jam at most of the grading services especially this month with the ANA, etc..

https://www.pcgs.com/statistics

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

They seem to go pretty quick until QC, then stall there for weeks.

• Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hate to hear this. I have 20+ to submit at the ANA.

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

The estimates on the PCGS page are actually pretty accurate for most submissions; however, I do have two outliers that are inexplicably at 100+ business days and still in "Grading" status and one reconsideration for a single coin that after 3 months is still in "received" status. I do believe the some submissions get stuck in a black hole. I am assured by CS that the oldest submission (received March 9) has been in "expedite" status since I reached out the 3rd week of June so I expect some movement soon.

• Davidk7Davidk7 Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭

@ProofCollection said:
    The estimates on the PCGS page are actually pretty accurate for most submissions; however, I do have two outliers that are inexplicably at 100+ business days and still in "Grading" status and one reconsideration for a single coin that after 3 months is still in "received" status. I do believe the some submissions get stuck in a black hole. I am assured by CS that the oldest submission (received March 9) has been in "expedite" status since I reached out the 3rd week of June so I expect some movement soon.

You should get on their butt and get that submission through. 100+ days is ridiculous and them straddling you along since the third week of June is even more wild.

Collector of Capped Bust Halves, SLQ's, Commems, and random cool stuff! @davidv_numismatics on Instagram

• FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

One regular submission was fast and took less than a month, a few were 2 months, and a couple look like 3- 4 months. Very hard to estimate, but with the Morgan and Peace backlog, I would estimate 2 months for regular, unless you do express.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

45 days.
    Plus or minus a month.

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    45 days.
    Plus or minus a month.

Glad it wasn't 120 days.
    Plus or minus a month. 😂

• Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a local shop send coins to pcgs near the end of April. 9 coins. 8 gold and one silver.
    I got my gold coins back in the middle of June. Almost 2 months to get graded and get them back.
    Still waiting on my silver dollar, its a crossover from SEGS. I hope it keeps It's dmpl designation. 3 1/2 months and counting.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have coins valued over $2,500....Express is the ticket!!

They nail the stated turnaround(15 days) and many times even quicker.

@Goldbully said:

Oh, how I wish I had that problem. 😉

@Goldbully said:

They nail the stated turnaround(15 days) and many times even quicker.

It's not like there's any other option.

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,457 ✭✭✭✭✭

Regular/standard service at the two top tier services were for a long time less than a month; expresses, 5 days. Now that has all changed dramatically with long times to log-in submissions and charges considerably more.

Here's what I was talking about above.

• LuxorLuxor Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recently inquired on a regular service submission that I handed to them at the Central States Show back in late April and this was their reply.

" Isidro Guzman (Collectors Universe)

Hello

Thank you for reaching out to PCGS Customer Care.

I see that this order XXXXXXXX has already been expedited and is being worked on.

Lastly, please note that our expedite list goes by orderly fashion, so sincere apologies about that.

We thank you for your patience on this matter.

If you have any other questions, please let me know and have a good day. Thank you.
    Isidro
    PCGS Customer Service "

Your hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file