Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

[WTS] Extremely Rare Dansco/Continental Line Album: United States Morgan Dollar Dates

A heads up that I have a very rare Dansco/Continental Line Album: United States Morgan Dollar Dates up for auction on Ebay! The album is in good condition.

Album History: The Continental Line Series
The Continental Line series of albums were early albums by Dansco to help them figure out how best to approach the format of coin albums. We can see that this is where Dansco first introduced pages where coins can be inserted between plastic slides and both sides of a coin can be seen. These albums are extremely difficult to find. There is no record of how many were produced. These red albums were only made around the mid to late 1960s, and very rarely come up for auction. These albums represent a major point for Dansco as they transitioned from push-in albums to the brown albums that we know and love today. Overall these are great-quality albums.

Records indicate that only 3 of this Morgan Dollar continental album have sold on eBay since 2009!

I am working to become an expert on Dansco albums. If you have any questions, please let me know!

Ebay Auction Link

Comments

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is awesome. B)

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a terrific find!
    Quick question- (if I may intrude on your BST thread):

Mine appears different in the sense there is no writing on the inside front cover.
    There is also the company name and address on the back inside cover (yours doesn't have that).
    Were there apparently two versions of this album Dansco released?

peacockcoins

• Options
    AlbumNerdAlbumNerd Posts: 126 ✭✭✭

@braddick I also have that vinyl version of the US Morgan Dollar Dates as well!

Dansco appears to have made two different versions of this Continental Line album. It's an open mystery why this is the case, or which one came first.

This is not the only case where Dansco created two versions of a Continental Line album. I know that there are two versions of the U.S. Major Type Set

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

From my understanding and (limited) research, the second gold-stamped UNITED STATES MAJOR TYPE COINS is scarcer than the first (vinyl) version.

It would be an interesting quest to seek out a DANSCO historian/employee who would have this information perhaps within their archives.

peacockcoins