Home Sports Talk
Options

Of the top 20 ACTIVE HR leaders which players are going to the Hall of Fame??

1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
  1. Miguel Cabrera 508
  2. Nelson Cruz 464
  3. Giancarlo Stanton 390
  4. Mike Trout 368
  5. Joey Votto 350
  6. Evan Longoria 342
  7. Paul Goldschmidt 331
  8. Nolan Arenado 320
  9. Freddie Freeman 309
  10. J.D. Martinez 305
  11. Manny Machado 301
  12. Andrew McCutchen 297
  13. Anthony Rizzo 294
  14. Bryce Harper 289
  15. Carlos Santana 287
  16. Josh Donaldson 276
  17. José Abreu 251
  18. Mookie Betts 240
  19. Aaron Judge 239
  20. Salvador Perez 238

Comments

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would never have guessed Evan Longoria has over 50 more career homers than Bryce.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    I would never have guessed Evan Longoria has over 50 more career homers than Bryce.

He surprises a lot of people being that high up.

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24 said:

He is also 7 years older than Bryce

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭

Miggy is a lock

Cruz will be interesting to see how they treat someone who played the most games at DH. Hes very boarderline and his DH status is actually a plus to me given how hard it is to sit for a couple innings than go hit.

Stanton probably gets there, but it could get interesting. Eversince he got to the Yankees and decided to be a body builder he cant stay on the field.

Trouts a lock

Votto shouldnt get in but probably will

Longoria it would be hypocritical to vote for if you had the chance and didnt vote for Andruw Jones. Both should be in though

Goldy, Arenado, Manny, Freeman, Harper, Betts are well on their way but need to keep it up for a few more years.

JD, Abreu, Donaldson, Santana, McCutchen, Rizzo are an easy no

Judge is probably a no, hes had two monster years which are over half his stats and hes a 6'7 player on the wrong side of 30 with a lot more he has to do.

Perez will probably do enough when its said and done, but playing on really bad KC teams other than those couple years winning the WS which he was the MVP of. Hes pretty close to being in elite territory on some numbers for catchers

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Miguel Cabrera and Freddie Freeman

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Curious as to why Eugenio Suárez isn't on this list (also 238 HR).

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 21, 2023 7:08AM

I'm not trying to be a wise guy here but honest answer with the amount and type of players the HOF is known to let in now, I'd say most everyone on that list gets in eventually or pretty close

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I'm not trying to be a wise guy here but honest answer with the amount and type of players the HOF is know to let in now I'd say most everyone on that list gets in eventually or pretty close

That isn't that far fetched. With the exception of Donaldson and Santana, they all have enough of their story to write that they could each make a claim if things fall their way.

I was hoping Abreu was going to have a good twilight to make a very interesting case considering he was a foreign player and missed all his MLB years before age 27.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I'm not trying to be a wise guy here but honest answer with the amount and type of players the HOF is known to let in now, I'd say most everyone on that list gets in eventually or pretty close

I disagree with your conclusion, but rather say we can't rule anybody out. For example, there are many people worse than, say, Anthony Rizzo, enshrined, but also, say, Norm Cash, Will Clark, John Olerud, and Keith Hernandez (to pick a few first basemen almost at random) who are better than Rizzo, better than most if not all on the Committee ballots, and yet not given any serious consideration.

It shouldn't surprise anyone to see any of these players enshrined, though Santana would be a horrible choice, but rally only Trout, Cabrera, and Votto should be sure things, and the BBWAA probably won't admit Votto.