Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Fed up with Cataloging

I've been working on one of the future Goetz volume cataloging and have reached burn out for the time being. Decided to start playing with some imaging that will be used in this volume instead.

Many people don't usually wander far from Goetz satirical material and, for the most part, are completely unaware of Goetz' talents and the beauty of his earlier material. Here is the reverse of K26 that I took some time ago but have finally dug into my digital photo archives to begin post-editing. This is exactly what the piece looks like. I don't enhance my images but rather bring out what is present naturally.

This 81mm medallion is cast in silver and likely only number a couple created at best. These large silver casts were made primarily for royalty at the time. I haven't seen another. Enjoy.

Comments

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2023 8:42AM

exceptional photograph of a unique medal- well done.

Sadly this is a hobby that is very conventional- And your cataloging efforts are helping to change that just by documenting what exists. I suspect your project will be well received when it is introduced

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gorgeous medal! Very interesting to study the trajectory and arch of Goetz artistic expression. To own these pieces is like shaking the hand of the artist or knowing them directly. I sense a closeness with cast medals I don’t feel from a mint made circulation issue of some sort.

I’m glad to hear you’re making progress on your research project! The visual references will be a delight!