Home Sports Talk

Bring Back Team Uniforms for The All Star Game

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let the people watching know where the players are from. Not a Texas fan but if they have 5 starters then I would like to see them in their Uniform.

Comments

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought about typing something like that in the Sports rants topic... :)

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2023 3:26AM

I can agree with this for sure, uniforms seem to always be an issue nowadays

They are either too ugly or too busy

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

They were awful across the board. Whoever signed off on them...smh

• georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

As baseball is such a distinct and individual offense/defense sport, I find it ridiculous as to why MLB would have switched to matching uniforms. Are people really buying these things in addition to the player's regular jersey?

I think you could make a case for caps. When you factor in design and production costs relative to demand, they would probably make more money just selling regular jerseys with an all-star game patch sewn on.

The game is more visually interesting when they're wearing their team uniforms.

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭

@georgebailey2 said:
    As baseball is such a distinct and individual offense/defense sport, I find it ridiculous as to why MLB would have switched to matching uniforms. Are people really buying these things in addition to the player's regular jersey?

I think you could make a case for caps. When you factor in design and production costs relative to demand, they would probably make more money just selling regular jerseys with an all-star game patch sewn on.

Thats exactly it. Its uniform sales. Everyone from Nike who has the current contract to the league want extra sales. Patch jerseys dont really sell well, the hats dont so much either.

The Jerseys and the Hats did look nice but I doubt many people actually care very much about AL NL anymore now that the NL has the DH and the leagues are the same.

What they should have done is an individualized team jersey for the players. However that then gets into the issue of the numerous owners that are tanking and not trying to win not necessarily liking that some teams have multiple players and they just have the one because theyre guaranteed one

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

My bet is these are the worst selling AS jerseys ever.

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

@georgebailey2 said:

This post was spot on many points, young and old.
    It' takes a group of factors to create a star player's provenance.
    prov·e·nance
    noun
    the place of origin or earliest known history of something.