Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1974 Johnny Pro Phillies --- What PSA Item Type?

I want to send in my 1974 Johnny Pro Phillies set for grading. The cards are 4"x7". Can I submit these under "Trading Cards" or must they be submitted as "Oversized Trading Cards"? The grading cost difference is substantial. Oversized is $75 per card whereas "Value Bulk" is only $19 per card. Thank you.



  • RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭✭

    A tall boy is 3.5 x 5ish, so it's not going to fit.... But you can try and submitting it as bulk and see if they up charge you to the proper fee. If you wouldn't pay $75 a pop I guess if they call your bluff, you can say no and then you'll just be charged the shipping fee back to you.

  • Thank you. The Schmidt is probably the only one worth grading from a value standpoint, but I'd kind of like to grade them all. But I'm not willing to spend close to $1K to do it. Much appreciated.

  • georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

    Keep us updated. I thought PSA had stopped grading them quite a few years ago. Not that they can't change their mind. I wouldn't mind knowing why they stopped in the first place. Perhaps too many were detaching during the process of getting put into the holder?

Sign In or Register to comment.