Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anybody check out the reholder fees yet at National?

Unreal!!!!!

Comments

  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2023 11:47AM

    How much - is there a link to National pricing? Was considering getting some slabs with cracks in them reholdered and would prefer not to mail them. Don’t care if they are mailed back to me or if I get them there.

  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Hopefully I can drop off a regular submission and get the normal $25 price - but just have to wait the 30 days. Have 3 cards in damaged holders I want to get reholdered but really don’t want to put them in the mail. If I cannot do the regular, will probably get two of them at the more expensive price. Worth it to me not to have to mail them in.

  • Options
    MarshallFaulk28MarshallFaulk28 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

    Wow. I thought the $25 price was too high. 😂

  • Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭✭

    But for $100 you get up to $99k declared value.... If everyone started dropping off cards at $50 a pop to be reholdered, they would have no time to grade and holder new cards!

  • Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

    Hire or bring more people. Its not like they are not extremely profitable. Do you know how many people have $100 cards or even $500 cards they would like to reholder. Need some better pricing stratification even if you are mailing them the cards.

  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @tigerdean said:
    Hire or bring more people. Its not like they are not extremely profitable. Do you know how many people have $100 cards or even $500 cards they would like to reholder. Need some better pricing stratification even if you are mailing them the cards.

    People don't work like they used to. Fast food, retail, etc. Not sure how they think they will be able to maintain a fruitful life, but the younger people just don't seem to care.

    My moto on this website that I put down in 2007, was "work hard and you will succeed". Worked for me and wife, but "responsibility" is certainly missing in a lot walks of life since March of 2020. Probably wasn't great then, but now it's pitiful.

    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭✭

    I'm planning on getting 10,000 cards reholdered at the Natty. I'm just bringing a briefcase full of $100 bills like my main man Mr. Mint Alan Rosen. This is how I roll. And yes, the cards are all 1988 Topps Baseball for my Registry set. I want them all in new pristine holders.

  • Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

    @olb31 said:

    @tigerdean said:
    Hire or bring more people. Its not like they are not extremely profitable. Do you know how many people have $100 cards or even $500 cards they would like to reholder. Need some better pricing stratification even if you are mailing them the cards.

    People don't work like they used to. Fast food, retail, etc. Not sure how they think they will be able to maintain a fruitful life, but the younger people just don't seem to care.

    My moto on this website that I put down in 2007, was "work hard and you will succeed". Worked for me and wife, but "responsibility" is certainly missing in a lot walks of life since March of 2020. Probably wasn't great then, but now it's pitiful.

    OLB, You are not wrong. And to boot some scumbag just stole one of my cars 3 days ago from the front of my house. Man, why work when I can just steal????

  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @tigerdean said:

    @olb31 said:

    @tigerdean said:
    Hire or bring more people. Its not like they are not extremely profitable. Do you know how many people have $100 cards or even $500 cards they would like to reholder. Need some better pricing stratification even if you are mailing them the cards.

    People don't work like they used to. Fast food, retail, etc. Not sure how they think they will be able to maintain a fruitful life, but the younger people just don't seem to care.

    My moto on this website that I put down in 2007, was "work hard and you will succeed". Worked for me and wife, but "responsibility" is certainly missing in a lot walks of life since March of 2020. Probably wasn't great then, but now it's pitiful.

    OLB, You are not wrong. And to boot some scumbag just stole one of my cars 3 days ago from the front of my house. Man, why work when I can just steal????

    That really sucks.

    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Serious question - can we drop off reholders at the regular price if we don’t need them back by the end of the show? My reholders of cracked slabs will be my first PSA submission.

  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

    @brad31 said:
    Serious question - can we drop off reholders at the regular price if we don’t need them back by the end of the show? My reholders of cracked slabs will be my first PSA submission.

    Yes, I believe all service levels (including packs) can be dropped off at the booth for regular turnaround times/fees.

  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2023 6:06PM

    eeeeeeeeeeee

    Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MantleFan23 said:

    @brad31 said:
    Serious question - can we drop off reholders at the regular price if we don’t need them back by the end of the show? My reholders of cracked slabs will be my first PSA submission.

    Yes, I believe all service levels (including packs) can be dropped off at the booth for regular turnaround times/fees.

    Thanks that is the route I will take!

  • Options
    HBaumHBaum Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited July 16, 2023 7:27AM

    For the Lightning Lane at the National Show in Chicago ($250 fee) do you just show up and wait in line with your cards and submission paperwork you fill out ahead of time? Or do they give you a time slot after you fill out the online submission form? And for anybody who has done this before, are the lines long?

Sign In or Register to comment.