Home Autographs Forum
Options

This is crazy….one of a kind ?

I frequent a bunch of auctions mostly online and just found this piece.
Would love to know thoughts here. Could this really be one of a kind?

https://www.bullockauctioneers.com/auctions/29465/lot/136670-1989-chicago-bulls-team-signed-cannon-camera-night-poster-with-psa-coa

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice item but unfortunately has PSA sticker stuck right on the vintage item. Such a shame because it has a LOA that it could easily had been placed. Also sadly looks faded. Definitely a great piece otherwise having all those signatures including a Michael Jordan from 1989.

• Options
    momo1234momo1234 Posts: 349 ✭✭✭

Yea. Still incredible piece. I don’t mind the sticker on the item. I’ve collected quite a few with PSA stickers on the item. Ive started to prefer it for my pc.

As for this particular- I’ve been looking for 80’s team signatures and You just can’t get em. Pled this has most of championship team (this has most of the guys from the 91 bulls) with every signature.

• Options

Definitely rare and wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the only one. I have never seen anything like this. The signatures are also very neatly presented.

• Options

Also a piece of advice. If you end up buying this PLEASE do NOT display it in/near sunlight. Those signatures will completely disappear in a few months if it’s exposed to sunlight.

• Options
    momo1234momo1234 Posts: 349 ✭✭✭

Yes. I’d have to check the frame but my other stuff I have is all under uv protected glass.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2023 10:11AM

Stickers:
    I hate them. Some people don't care, but some do, so why alienate half the potential market? Plus, what happens if a stickering company gets discredited or otherwise untrusted (I am not referring to your particular item)? Then the sticker actually lowers the value.

Display:
    Not just sunlight but fluorescent lights will fade away the signatures.

One of a kind?:
    It probably is, but that in itself isn't the big draw. It's visually attractive, a nice early set, etc., and that makes it desirable.