PCGS Forms Expire Tomorrow (6/30). Speculate what changes we might see
Since the PCGS forms expire tomorrow this is an opportunity for our host to change pricing and terms on submissions. So two questions:
1. What changes do you think we'll see?
2. What changes would you like to see? (not that it will make any difference)
What changes we'll see:
1. Because of inflation I would expect to see price increases. Not sure how competitive PCGS wants to stay with CAC so this might keep prices where they are for the most part. I do suspect that PCGS might raise the price of photography $1-3/coin, and may raise their gold shield tier pricing $1-3 as a result.
2. Return shipping fees going up.
What changes I'd like to see:
1. Aside from our dream of lower prices (which won't happen), I'd like to see the tiers change along the lines of CAC. Economy tier raised to $500. Regular tier to $3000 (ideally $4k so that modern proof gold issues can be included). I would even suggest the Express tier be raised to $12 or $15k.
2. Would like to see elimination of GP fee for all services except restoration. Probably not going to happen.