Options

The case for $50+ silver.

TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's try this again.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you.

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eventually it will get there. Just as minimum wage will be $20. The Sp500 will be 10,000, the average house will be $600k and we will still blame everyone else.

In the meantime, some will continue to collect premiums from both paper and physical.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

It's already past there, in some cases, My eBay sales of MS 62 PCGS 1884-O Silver dollars is clearly the proof in the pudding. Bought a coffee can full from a lady for $30 each and submitted them, paying bulk pricing. Got about $42 in each and they sell for $50+, in $.99 auctions. But this isn't about that. It's about WHY ? What drives metal down and eggs up ?

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems we may have returned to the summer doldrums. Where precious metals drop during the summer, but then began to run up more in the fall after vacations etc. The last several years, that just did not happen.... probably due to covid, other factors, etc., Just a thought.

----- kj
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

What happened to the original thread? It's looking like we may never see $50 gutter again. THKS!

PS: @derryb I think the closed thread was where I invited you up to my house. The offer still stands. Come on up and see gods country for yerself...."Merica and all.....Perhaps we could teach each other a thing or two about reality? YRWLCMNYTM!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    edited June 22, 2023 6:45PM

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    It's already past there, in some cases, My eBay sales of MS 62 PCGS 1884-O Silver dollars is clearly the proof in the pudding. Bought a coffee can full from a lady for $30 each and submitted them, paying bulk pricing. Got about $42 in each and they sell for $50+, in $.99 auctions. But this isn't about that. It's about WHY ? What drives metal down and eggs up ?

MS62 morgan dollars are numismatics, not just .7734 ozt of gutter metal. How can you even compare to 530M+ common, modern hunks of gutter ASEs to a 139 year old piece of history? WHT!

• Options
    edited June 23, 2023 8:43AM

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

MS62 morgan dollars are numismatics, not just .7734 ozt of gutter metal. How can you even compare to 530M+ common, modern hunks of gutter ASEs to a 139 year old piece of history? WHT!

Define " case". A case for $50 silver. And where, in God's green Earth do you suppose valuations for ounces of silver come from ? Dollars my friend. Silver dollars.
    It all starts there. The buck stops (stopped) there.

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was hoping that we could do without the 'gutter' talk.... but I guess not.

----- kj
  • Options

@tincup said:

I was hoping we could discuss gutter elsewhere since this is the PM forum and the common 'gutter' is FAR from a "PM". YTHKS!

• Options
    edited June 23, 2023 8:43PM

@blitzdude said:

@tincup said:

I was hoping we could discuss gutter elsewhere since this is the PM forum and the common 'gutter' is FAR from a "PM". YTHKS!

Precious metal is silver, gold and platinum group metals.
    But I gotta hand it to blitzkriegdude, he is on target at $20 for about an ounce of the silver.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

That looks like someone's pocket piece and it was carried so they would have a small cutting board to trim their cigars with their pen knife.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@blitzdude said:

@tincup said:

But I gotta hand it to blitzkriegdude, he is on target at $20 for about an ounce of the silver.

Heh, I was at an Amish auction a few weeks back and bidders were paying $45 for 22-23 Peace Dollars in VF-XF condition. Some folks have more dollars than sense. And I know where I will be consigning some gutter next year. LOL RGDS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@blitzdude said:

@tincup said:

Heh, I was at an Amish auction a few weeks back and bidders were paying $45 for 22-23 Peace Dollars in VF-XF condition. Some folks have more dollars than sense. And I know where I will be consigning some gutter next year. LOL RGDS!

Ah, so despite your description/ nomenclature, you publicly announce that because an ounce (.775 approx.) is selling for $50+, you will be partaking of the fun in the gutter. Or, playing "in the money", so to speak.
    You're getting there :love:

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24, 2023 6:12AM

@blitzdude said:
    And I know where I will be consigning some gutter next year. LOL RGDS!

Still trying to figure out why someone who hates something so much has so much of something he hates? Incorrect market timing? Learned anything?

Your problem is you have convinced yourself that everyone else is making those same poor decisions. Very likely most here are buying smart and plan on selling smart.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@blitzdude said:

@tincup said:

Ah, so despite your description/ nomenclature, you publicly announce that because an ounce (.775 approx.) is selling for $50+, you will be partaking of the fun in the gutter. Or, playing "in the money", so to speak.
    You're getting there :love:

Nobody cares that a Morgan or Peace is made out of gutter metal. They are being it for its numismatic value. There isn't anyone dumb enough on this planet to pay $50+ for an ounce of gutter metal. (Well almost nobody) LOL!

• Options

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:
    And I know where I will be consigning some gutter next year. LOL RGDS!

Still trying to figure out why someone who hates something so much has so much of something he hates? Incorrect market timing? Learned anything?

Your problem is you have convinced yourself that everyone else is making those same poor decisions. Very likely most here are buying smart and plan on selling smart.

You put all your eggs in the wrong basket. I know it had to be an expensive lesson for you. Oh well, one day perhaps the tuition will pay off. THKS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

Nobody cares that a Morgan or Peace is made out of gutter metal. They are being it for its numismatic value. There isn't anyone dumb enough on this planet to pay $50+ for an ounce of gutter metal. (Well almost nobody) LOL!

Yet they pay $11 for a 64 fiddy cent piece.

• Options
    edited June 24, 2023 10:10AM

@blitzdude said:

You put all your eggs in the wrong basket. I know it had to be an expensive lesson for you. Oh well, one day perhaps the tuition will pay off. THKS!

Just claiming to know where all my eggs are speaks volumes about what you don't know. My eggs are making Lobster Frittata omelets. Get over it. You bought, you sold and you lost. Not everyone fails to do their homework.

• Options

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

Just claiming to know where all my eggs are speaks volumes about what you don't know. My eggs are making Lobster Frittata omelets. Get over it. You bought, you sold and you lost. Not everyone fails to do their homework.

Any guy who comes on a message board and continually brags about their imaginary wealth is a fraud. Go brag to The Jonses in your neighborhood. At least they may care..... Although Mom's basement is proly not the best place to start your campain. And don't forget to keep buying $30+ gutter ASEs along the way. lol PEACE!

• Options
    edited June 24, 2023 10:36PM

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

Any guy who comes on a message board and continually brags about their imaginary wealth is a fraud. Go brag to The Jonses in your neighborhood. At least they may care..... Although Mom's basement is proly not the best place to start your campain. And don't forget to keep buying $30+ gutter ASEs along the way. lol PEACE!

You must be referring to the numerous times you called me a liar about relaying my success with trades I recommended on the forum and I simply defended my honor by publicly providing the the proof of that success in hopes of having you stop making a fool of yourself.

Get over it and stick to stackin range chickens and I'll get over it by ignoring your continued stalking.

And don't forget to keep buying $30+ gutter ASEs along the way.

Selling $30+ silver eagles at the moment. Converting the funds into the next big premium move in silver. Would share it with you but . . .

• Options

I was hoping this would get close or parallel to the first thread with this title. My faith is restored.