Home U.S. Coin Forum

Michigan state show Warren, Michigan June 23-25

Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which dealers are going? Michigan State Numismatic Society hasn't announced all the dealers going on their website.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

Comments

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20, 2023 3:40PM

I THINK that these are the currently scheduled dealers, and this is the floor plan.

Source: https://www.michigancoinclub.org

Edited to add:
    I checked with Brian Tideswell, the "Convention Coordinator". He said that the list was current as of today, but there are a couple of dealers that might be added prior to the event.

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:
    I THINK that these are the currently scheduled dealers, and this is the floor plan.

Source: https://www.michigancoinclub.org

The list of dealers looks very skimpy for an MSNS show. This show is being held later than normal so that may have impacted dealer attendance. It will be interesting to see what happens with the fall MSNS show since it will be at a new location and will be held a week earlier than was the case in the past.

All glory is fleeting.
  • fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to know...thanks! See you there!!

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20, 2023 2:40PM

Dealer list does look a little thin. Still gonna go Friday. Maybe trade in some gold for some other gold.
    The fall show location shaves off about 30 minutes from the airport compared to Macomb Community College campus. And that's a longer drive for me, since I live closer to Warren.

• jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

I might go. Would there be an opportunity to submit to PCGS (or other TPG) or is this way to small of a show for something like that?

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago, Rob41281

@jshaulis said:
    I might go. Would there be an opportunity to submit to PCGS (or other TPG) or is this way to small of a show for something like that?

Too small of a show. Your best bet is to find a local brick and mortar who is authorized to submit coins.

• DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I reading this correctly -
    Heritage Rarities A 11 = Heritage Auctions
    HLRC A 9 = Harry Laibstain Rare Coins

@DisneyFan said:

Yes. They've been coming to both Michigan shows for a while now.

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't been to an MSNS show in quite a while so I'll ask two questions:
    --- Is there still a live auction held at this show??
    --- Is Brian Tideswell, mentioned above by @MetroD, forum member @numobri who was involved with the show when I attended??

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cranium_Basher73 said:

@DisneyFan said:

Yes. They've been coming to both Michigan shows for a while now.

Both dealers have been attending Michigan State shows for a very long time. There was a time when quite a few well known national dealers attended Michigan State shows. Unfortunately, the number of such dealers has fallen off in recent decades.

All glory is fleeting.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2023 4:10PM

I have been attending this show for many years. It seems to shrink in size every year. I’m not sure why but it is becoming very noticeable.

• AblinkyAblinky Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

@Maywood said:
    I haven't been to an MSNS show in quite a while so I'll ask two questions:
    --- Is there still a live auction held at this show??
    --- Is Brian Tideswell, mentioned above by @MetroD, forum member @numobri who was involved with the show when I attended??

Heritage’s presence is maiky buy coins and take consignments, not have an auction at this show. Being that myself and other HA coin people are Michigan natives, we always go to support MSNS.

Andrew Blinkiewicz-Heritage

• AtcarrollAtcarroll Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2023 6:26PM

My advice, try to find a route to Warren that doesn't involve I-96 or I-696, with the construction it can get pretty hairy at certain times of day if you're trying to come from west of town.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file