Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is your budget for this binder?

JanniferJannifer Posts: 19

Comments

  • Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭

    Looks like a nice binder

  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2023 1:29PM

    @Jannifer said:

    Multiple topic/thread started by same person ( or bot or AI) in same week. Appears they are advertising a product. Folks help keep this forum clean/safe and Flag/Report those posts. With AFLFAN no longer being here only volume in reporting posts will keep us safe,

    Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

    https://forums.collectors.com/profile/discussions/Jannifer

    Seems like a bot peddling some crap wares as part of a larger phishing scam.

    Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

  • Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2023 2:09PM

    @82FootballWaxMemorys said:
    Multiple topic/thread started by same person ( or bot or AI) in same week. Appears they are advertising a product. Folks help keep this forum clean/safe and Flag/Report those posts. With AFLFAN no longer being here only volume in reporting posts will keep us safe,

    While I agree this is probably SPAM, at least it's related to forum topic. Scam? I don't know.

    Now with AFLFAN censoring free speech, pushing hidden agendas, and abusing mod power, I would say he was more dangerous than a SPAM poster. They were smart to get rid of the guy.

  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2023 4:26PM

    Spamming aside, I would recommend collectors being very careful when purchasing these types of graded card pages for your collection,especially when its for your high end cards. I can't say anything about the quality of these specific ones but I did purchase a box of the Ultra Pro ones for both PSA & BGS slabs back in the early/mid 2000's and they ultimately damaged a handful of my slabs due to a too tight of a fit.

    I saw 2 of my high end Brady RCs end up with cracked corners of the BGS slab after trying to remove them. Then had a couple of PSA slabs that ended up showing some frosting around the edges after sort of lightly twisting the slab while trying not to damage the Ultra Pro page at the same time. I ended up using a pair of scissors to just cut the pages and get the rest of my cards out after deciding not use them
    After just selling off the PSA slabs as-is I sent my Brady RCs to BGS to get reholdered and waiting for them to make the two way trip then return safely was a bit nerve wracking.

    My recommendation is taking a cheap slab of no real value and try fitting & removing in each slab slot on every page to loosen it up,no pun intended. Like I mentioned above, I've only used the Ultra Pro brand which IIRC was the only option at the time but with newer brands hitting the market in recent years due to the hype around graded cards, just be careful when using any of them.

  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DBesse27 said:

    @RonSportscards said:
    Now with AFLFAN censoring free speech, pushing hidden agendas, and abusing mod power, I would say he was more dangerous than a SPAM poster. They were smart to get rid of the guy.

    Todd was an asset to these boards and anybody who says otherwise should probably have their own motives questioned.

    I'd also be wary of anyone who uses the phrase "censoring free speech" wildly out of context. Such people are more dangerous than SPAM posters. They'd be smart to get rid of such guys.

    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭

    @DBesse27 said:

    @RonSportscards said:

    @82FootballWaxMemorys said:
    Multiple topic/thread started by same person ( or bot or AI) in same week. Appears they are advertising a product. Folks help keep this forum clean/safe and Flag/Report those posts. With AFLFAN no longer being here only volume in reporting posts will keep us safe,

    While I agree this is probably SPAM, at least it's related to forum topic. Scam? I don't know.

    Now with AFLFAN censoring free speech, pushing hidden agendas, and abusing mod power, I would say he was more dangerous than a SPAM poster. They were smart to get rid of the guy.

    Todd was an asset to these boards and anybody who says otherwise should probably have their own motives questioned.

    Ha! My opinion is based on my experiences and PM interactions. If yours are different, then that's fine. Notice I take no shots at you.

  • Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭

    @dallasactuary said:

    @DBesse27 said:

    @RonSportscards said:
    Now with AFLFAN censoring free speech, pushing hidden agendas, and abusing mod power, I would say he was more dangerous than a SPAM poster. They were smart to get rid of the guy.

    Todd was an asset to these boards and anybody who says otherwise should probably have their own motives questioned.

    I'd also be wary of anyone who uses the phrase "censoring free speech" wildly out of context. Such people are more dangerous than SPAM posters. They'd be smart to get rid of such guys.

    Cancel culture has spoken.

  • Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭

    @dallasactuary said:

    @RonSportscards said:

    Cancel culture has spoken.

    You appear to be unclear on the meaning of "cancel culture" in addition to your almost supernatural inability to read a room.

    But my point stands; people who think the Constitution of the United States guarantees their right to say anything they please on a private forum are so unimaginably stupid that any forum that allows such people is asking for trouble. There's just no way to predict what sort of fool thoughts might pop into their otherwise empty heads.

    Let it go bro. It was never about you, but continue with the personal attacks despite knowing nothing of the situation.
    You'd like it if people with opposing views stay silent for fear of hurting your feels. Sorry (not sorry) for your internet best friend. Like I told him, I'm here to discuss cards. Notice I never attacked you or called you names. Can you say that?

  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I barely knew Todd, I just know (1) you attacked him (hence your supernatural inability to read a room) and (2) you did so with a moronic criticism of his censoring of free speech. That's all I know about you, which appears to be a hell of a lot more than you know about me, and that's really all I need to know. But if you really are here to discuss cards, as you say, then I suggest you stick to that. Based on what I've seen so far, when you stray from that path the results are painful to read.

    But feel free to attack me or call me names if you'd like. If you do so humorously, I'll laugh. And I guarantee you that you will never, ever hurt my feels.

    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options

    @82FootballWaxMemorys said:
    https://forums.collectors.com/profile/discussions/Jannifer

    Seems like a bot peddling some crap wares as part of a larger phishing scam.

    Who is this person, the landlord with the master key, huh?

  • Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

    This conversation has just crossed over to bizarre.

  • Options

    @nam812 said:
    How many topics does this binder need?

    One 2005 Ryan Getzlaf card is available for trade

  • Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭

    @dallasactuary said:
    I barely knew Todd, I just know (1) you attacked him (hence your supernatural inability to read a room) and (2) you did so with a moronic criticism of his censoring of free speech. That's all I know about you, which appears to be a hell of a lot more than you know about me, and that's really all I need to know. But if you really are here to discuss cards, as you say, then I suggest you stick to that. Based on what I've seen so far, when you stray from that path the results are painful to read.

    But feel free to attack me or call me names if you'd like. If you do so humorously, I'll laugh. And I guarantee you that you will never, ever hurt my feels.

    Wha...? Huh....? Oh, are we still doing this? Hilarious. Guess you can't let it go. LOL
    After reading all the fawning posts of that guy getting the boot in his memorial thread, I fully expected backlash and you didn't disappoint. So (1) you were wrong about my inability to read a room. You just didn't count on me not caring. And (2), allowing supportive views and disallowing opposing views is a form of censorship. If you disagree, you're wrong on that as well.
    Since we're handing out suggestions, I suggest you mind your own business. Why you defend an internet buddy who you "barely knew", on a situation you know ZERO about, all the while attacking and name calling someone who has done or said nothing to you, will only be a mystery solved by you.
    And why would I childishly call you names. My poppa raise me better. Maybe yours didn't. I don't know. But thanks for the permission though. LOL Teach your children well. Happy Father's day!
    Anyway...how 'bout that card binder, huh?

  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @RonSportscards said:
    And (2), allowing supportive views and disallowing opposing views is a form of censorship. If you disagree, you're wrong on that as well.

    I'll pass on the rest of it, but I did want to acknowledge your ability to learn. Yes, your definition here is of "a form of censorship", so what you say here doesn't raise any eyebrows. But, the single only reason I posted here in the first place was that you described what Todd did as "censoring free speech". THAT statement was just so incredibly moronic that I was compelled to respond (yes, it's a sickness). So good for you for changing your argument; too many people are too stubborn to do that, even when they know they were wrong.

    As for my being wrong about your inability to read a room because you don't care, I can respect that. I thought I was the only one, and I may have been wrong about that.

    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2023 2:55PM

    @dallasactuary said:

    @RonSportscards said:
    And (2), allowing supportive views and disallowing opposing views is a form of censorship. If you disagree, you're wrong on that as well.

    I'll pass on the rest of it, but I did want to acknowledge your ability to learn. Yes, your definition here is of "a form of censorship", so what you say here doesn't raise any eyebrows. But, the single only reason I posted here in the first place was that you described what Todd did as "censoring free speech". THAT statement was just so incredibly moronic that I was compelled to respond (yes, it's a sickness). So good for you for changing your argument; too many people are too stubborn to do that, even when they know they were wrong.

    As for my being wrong about your inability to read a room because you don't care, I can respect that. I thought I was the only one, and I may have been wrong about that.

    My argument didn't change. only your interpretation. I'm glad though you realize you agree with me.
    Don't worry, I'm not a "I told you so" kind of guy. Feels good to teach an old dog, tricks he forgot he knew.
    Oh, and I forgive you for the name calling.

  • Options
    RidethelightningRidethelightning Posts: 390 ✭✭✭

    I'm too sexy for this thread.

  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @pab1969 said:
    This conversation has just crossed over to bizarre.

  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @RonSportscards said:

    My argument didn't change.

    I'm sorry to hear that; I had hope for you. Now I'll never know if you're too stubborn to change it or too stupid to see why you need to change it, but either way I think I've had all the fun with you to be had. Oh well.

    Back on topic, "Jannifer"is the most lifelike bot I've seen here, with only the "landlord" comment clearly identifying it as non-human. Is that an actual product that it's spamming here?

    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options

    @RonSportscards said:

    @dallasactuary said:
    I barely knew Todd, I just know (1) you attacked him (hence your supernatural inability to read a room) and (2) you did so with a moronic criticism of his censoring of free speech. That's all I know about you, which appears to be a hell of a lot more than you know about me, and that's really all I need to know. But if you really are here to discuss cards, as you say, then I suggest you stick to that. Based on what I've seen so far, when you stray from that path the results are painful to read.

    But feel free to attack me or call me names if you'd like. If you do so humorously, I'll laugh. And I guarantee you that you will never, ever hurt my feels.

    Wha...? Huh....? Oh, are we still doing this? Hilarious. Guess you can't let it go. LOL
    After reading all the fawning posts of that guy getting the boot in his memorial thread, I fully expected backlash and you didn't disappoint. So (1) you were wrong about my inability to read a room. You just didn't count on me not caring. And (2), allowing supportive views and disallowing opposing views is a form of censorship. If you disagree, you're wrong on that as well.
    Since we're handing out suggestions, I suggest you mind your own business. Why you defend an internet buddy who you "barely knew", on a situation you know ZERO about, all the while attacking and name calling someone who has done or said nothing to you, will only be a mystery solved by you.
    And why would I childishly call you names. My poppa raise me better. Maybe yours didn't. I don't know. But thanks for the permission though. LOL Teach your children well. Happy Father's day!
    Anyway...how 'bout that card binder, huh?

    It seems like the discussion has veered off track a bit with the topics of freedom of speech, but let's get back to the main topic of "How to organize and protect my PSA cards." Currently, this is the best binder I have found for displaying your collection cards. You can flip through it to browse your cards easily, and they won't fall out as you turn the pages.

  • Options

    @GroceryRackPack said:

    @pab1969 said:
    This conversation has just crossed over to bizarre.

    The statement about the landlord was meant to be ironic, suggesting that the person in question can freely enter the discussion room and criticize others anywhere. That person is likely an administrator. Everyone has good intentions in order to maintain community safety, so there is no wrongdoing. Let's all get back to the main topic. "From the beginning, I intended to share my new storage box and consider the organizing methods of experienced collectors. In terms of categorization and moisture prevention, do you have any good suggestions?"

  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

    What happened to AFLFAN?

    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

    .....

    Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2023 7:33PM

    @Nathaniel1960 said:
    What happened to AFLFAN?

    3-4 weeks back was let go in purge by PSA's parent firm. Typical of their type of operation it extended to quality control as well. It's what happens when their is no true competition. CGC parent company is doing the same as they too have no real competition.

    Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2023 8:21PM

    Being a MOD is a mostly thankless job. There will always be those who disagree.

    One thing to keep in mind is free speech simply does not apply, nor should it, on a Private Company's owned forums. Its their way or the highway, and their way is whatever they say it is. For those that don't like that, net54 offers more in the way of freedom as long as it's card related, but be aware you must give them your real name and other info before you are permitted to post there.

    Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

  • Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭

    @dallasactuary said:

    @RonSportscards said:

    My argument didn't change.

    I'm sorry to hear that; I had hope for you. Now I'll never know if you're too stubborn to change it or too stupid to see why you need to change it, but either way I think I've had all the fun with you to be had. Oh well.

    If you're going to quote me, at least have the balls to not edit it out of context. But like you admitted, you have a sickness, so it does make it tough to criticize someone with mental illness and such insecurity. Hopefully the name calling boosts your self esteem. Here's hoping for your full recovery and return to reality.

  • Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭

    @Jannifer said:

    @RonSportscards said:

    @dallasactuary said:
    I barely knew Todd, I just know (1) you attacked him (hence your supernatural inability to read a room) and (2) you did so with a moronic criticism of his censoring of free speech. That's all I know about you, which appears to be a hell of a lot more than you know about me, and that's really all I need to know. But if you really are here to discuss cards, as you say, then I suggest you stick to that. Based on what I've seen so far, when you stray from that path the results are painful to read.

    But feel free to attack me or call me names if you'd like. If you do so humorously, I'll laugh. And I guarantee you that you will never, ever hurt my feels.

    Wha...? Huh....? Oh, are we still doing this? Hilarious. Guess you can't let it go. LOL
    After reading all the fawning posts of that guy getting the boot in his memorial thread, I fully expected backlash and you didn't disappoint. So (1) you were wrong about my inability to read a room. You just didn't count on me not caring. And (2), allowing supportive views and disallowing opposing views is a form of censorship. If you disagree, you're wrong on that as well.
    Since we're handing out suggestions, I suggest you mind your own business. Why you defend an internet buddy who you "barely knew", on a situation you know ZERO about, all the while attacking and name calling someone who has done or said nothing to you, will only be a mystery solved by you.
    And why would I childishly call you names. My poppa raise me better. Maybe yours didn't. I don't know. But thanks for the permission though. LOL Teach your children well. Happy Father's day!
    Anyway...how 'bout that card binder, huh?

    It seems like the discussion has veered off track a bit with the topics of freedom of speech, but let's get back to the main topic of "How to organize and protect my PSA cards." Currently, this is the best binder I have found for displaying your collection cards. You can flip through it to browse your cards easily, and they won't fall out as you turn the pages.

    But look at the exposure of your thread. You're welcome. Also notice I tried to get it back on track, and I never called your product a scam. So....

  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @RonSportscards said:

    If you're going to quote me, at least have the balls to not edit it out of context. .

    I really intended to move past you but you went and lied about me. I did not, and have never, quoted someone out of context. You said your argument had not changed, and I quoted you as saying your argument had not changed. If you meant something different than what you said, that's on you.

    When you said "My argument didn't change", what did you mean? I took it to mean that your argument didn't change, but since that got your panties in a twist, here's your chance to explain what you meant by "My argument didn't change".

    And just in case your tiny, crinkleless brain has forgotten what part of your argument did change, you originally said that Todd engaged in "censoring free speech" (which was laughably moronic) which you then changed to "a form of censorship".(which was banal, but true). I noted that you had changed your argument (which was obviously true, based on what you had written), but you came back with "my argument hasn't changed".

    One last chance for you to convince me that you are smarter than concrete. I already know how this is going to turn out, but it would be churlish of me to not allow you to prove it to everyone.

    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

    AFLFAN is gone? I am going to miss the jail bars on avatars. I always found those humorous.

  • Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭

    @dallasactuary said:
    you are smarter

    Well, there you go. Now hopefully you get it and can move on.

  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @82FootballWaxMemorys said:
    Being a MOD is a mostly thankless job. There will always be those who disagree.

    One thing to keep in mind is free speech simply does not apply, nor should it, on a Private Company's owned forums. Its their way or the highway, and their way is whatever they say it is. For those that don't like that, net54 offers more in the way of freedom as long as it's card related, but be aware you must give them your real name and other info before you are permitted to post there.

    This. “Freedom of speech” is a constitutional right which dictates the government can’t restrict what you say. Private entities (PSA) can make whatever rules they want on their private property (this message board) when it comes to speech. Too many times people reference “free speech” when/where it doesn’t apply.

    Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

    Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Jannifer said:

    @GroceryRackPack said:

    @pab1969 said:
    This conversation has just crossed over to bizarre.

    The statement about the landlord was meant to be ironic, suggesting that the person in question can freely enter the discussion room and criticize others anywhere. That person is likely an administrator. Everyone has good intentions in order to maintain community safety, so there is no wrongdoing. Let's all get back to the main topic. "From the beginning, I intended to share my new storage box and consider the organizing methods of experienced collectors. In terms of categorization and moisture prevention, do you have any good suggestions?"

    Yep - peddle your wares elsewhere is my opinion.

    Had you only opened a single topic that woudl have been fine, but you chose to spam with multiple of the same topics not only in trading card forum areas here but also in the coin forum areas here. Your obvious purpose of joining here was a cheap sales pitch, so don't be gettin' all huffy.

    Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

This discussion has been closed.