Home Sports Talk

60 years and still going.

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

This year marks 60 years as loyal Bills fan. I was 7 when they won the AFL Championship in 1963. I might have some memory before then but through thick and thin always a Bills fan.

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe your a classy guy sticking with your team all these years.

I genuinely feel for the fans over the 0-4 Super Bowl fiasco, I still find it unbelievable that they couldn't bring one home with the talent they had but thats sports.

Enjoy your team and best of luck getting a Super Bowl win soon bud 🍻

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have a lot in common; both "Joes" and both our teams are 0-4 in the big game. You have a few years on me, I'm at 55 following the Vikings since about 1968.

Here's hoping for a Bills/Vikings SB.

Could it end in a scoreless tie?
    😁

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Bills are as good as some think they might be, this could be a huge year for guys.

What's the sentiment amongst Buffalo fans and media?

@thisistheshow said:
    If the Bills are as good as some think they might be, this could be a huge year for guys.

What's the sentiment amongst Buffalo fans and media?

No disrespect to any Bills fans but it's going to be just another over hyped regular season and an exit from the playoffs again.

Josh Allen turns the ball over too much, the running game sucks when Allen isn't running, the WR corps has Diggs who is frustrated before the season even starts.

The AFC East just got tougher with Rodgers joining the Jets, if Tua stays healthy the Bills might be lucky to get a wildcard honestly.

edited June 16, 2023 8:21AM

https://youtu.be/iwCiQASnw6o

I do love the enthusiasm of the Bills fans though!

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m ok with a winning season. I suffered through some bad years. Ask any fan if they’d be happy with 12-13 wins. Of course everyone wants a Super Bowl but I’m realistic. Only one team wins that. The Bills are exciting and what more could a fan ask for?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:
    I’m ok with a winning season. I suffered through some bad years. Ask any fan if they’d be happy with 12-13 wins. Of course everyone wants a Super Bowl but I’m realistic. Only one team wins that. The Bills are exciting and what more could a fan ask for?

Again, your old School classy Joe.

I hope you guys get more than a winning season bud, sincerely

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe,whats been going on with Stefon Diggs? I've seen a few headlines lately about his situation,one even called it a Fiasco, and from the little that I've read he was a no show at some mandatory camp.
    Looking at his contract he recently restructured some of his 2023 salary into a signing bonus which he got paid for but if this is over money thats on him even though he's signed for 5 more seasons at pretty big cash.

@erikthredd said:
    Joe,whats been going on with Stefon Diggs? I've seen a few headlines lately about his situation,one even called it a Fiasco, and from the little that I've read he was a no show at some mandatory camp.
    Looking at his contract he recently restructured some of his 2023 salary into a signing bonus which he got paid for but if this is over money thats on him even though he's signed for 5 more seasons at pretty big cash.

He has been absolutely furious after the playoff loss, he stormed out of the locker room after the game and hasn't been around since

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

He has been absolutely furious after the playoff loss, he stormed out of the locker room after the game and hasn't been around since

I remember that, I just thought that there was something new going on. Not to defend his actions or that loss but sometimes you can have all the talent in the world and still not win,the Celtics just showed us this.

It is ironic though that he's crying about this loss when he was pretty crap in that game lol.

edited June 16, 2023 3:37PM

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

I remember that, I just thought that there was something new going on. Not to defend his actions or that loss but sometimes you can have all the talent in the world and still not win,the Celtics just showed us this.

It is ironic though that he's crying about this loss when he was pretty crap in that game lol.

Well I think that the amount of targets or lack there of sent him over the edge? Can't quite remember, I understand being pissed after a loss like that so I got no problems with Diggs

edited June 16, 2023 5:13PM

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

Well I think that the amount of targets or lack there of sent him over the edge? Can't quite remember, I understand being pissed after a loss like that so I got no problems with Diggs

Maybe but he went from catching roughly 70% (108/154) of his targets during the season down to 40% (4/10) in that loss. He even caught 7/9 the week before. An argument could be made that he was a huge reason why the Bills lost.
    He's a WR and they're the ones that are always a bit crazy. 🤷‍♂️

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

Maybe but he went from catching roughly 70% (108/154) of his targets during the season down to 40% (4/10) in that loss. He even caught 7/9 the week before. An argument could be made that he was a huge reason why the Bills lost.
    He's a WR and they're the ones that are always a bit crazy. 🤷‍♂️

Dude, you NEED to do Radio or TV, your a stat machine 🍻

Diggs is a head case. He's a very talented head case, but looney just the same.

I remember when the Vikings got him, he was a standout right away in training camp. Wow, a fifth round pick!

Then I read a report saying he dropped in the draft because he was goofy.

He was very good and very weird when he played here. It seems his behavior is continuing.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Maybe he just wants to go south and play with his brother as a Cowboy? 🤷

I’m hoping we’re not seeing a repeat of what sent him out of Minnesota

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:
    I’m hoping we’re not seeing a repeat of what sent him out of Minnesota

Unless you can trade him and get a better player like the Vikings did!

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

5 months since that game ended and he's still acting like a little bitch. ship his ass to Denver and let him play pitch-n-catch with Russell Wilson.............then he can learn what the true meaning of misery is

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

@galaxy27 said:
    5 months since that game ended and he's still acting like a little bitch. ship his ass to Denver and let him play pitch-n-catch with Russell Wilson.............then he can learn what the true meaning of misery is

Or the Pats for that matter lol

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

i still cant believe Buffalo didnt win that sb vs the giants.

those were fun teams to watch with kelly, thomas, reed, lofton and the k-gun offense

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

@craig44 said:
    i still cant believe Buffalo didnt win that sb vs the giants.

those were fun teams to watch with kelly, thomas, reed, lofton and the k-gun offense

@craig44 I'm assuming you do, but do you know the story of Belichick's defensive game plan for that game? Because in that lies the answer to why, in a way.

• EstilEstil Posts: 7,040 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe this is an unpopular viewpoint but I think it'd be kinda appealing to go to 3-4 Super Bowls straight yet not win any. I mean that's better than never going at all. And in the case of "America's Team", they've not even made the "Final Four" (NFC title game) since 1996!

But most importantly, OP...upcoming new stadium, yea or nay?

WISHLIST
    D's: 54S,53P,50P,49S,45D+S,44S,43D,41S,40D+S,39D+S,38D+S,37D+S,36S,35D+S,all 16-34's
    Q's: 52S,47S,46S,40S,39S,38S,37D+S,36D+S,35D,34D,32D+S
    74T: 37,38,47,151,193,241,435,570,610,654,655 97 Finest silver: 115,135,139,145,310
    73T:31,55,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,80,152,165,189,213,235,237,257,341,344,377,379,390,422,433,453,480,497,545,554,563,580,606,613,630
    95 Ultra GM Sets: Golden Prospects,HR Kings,On-Base Leaders,Power Plus,RBI Kings,Rising Stars

@Estil said:
    Maybe this is an unpopular viewpoint but I think it'd be kinda appealing to go to 3-4 Super Bowls straight yet not win any. I mean that's better than never going at all. And in the case of "America's Team", they've not even made the "Final Four" (NFC title game) since 1996!

I can say with absolute certainty I'd rather not make a Super Bowl.than make one and lose

Getting to and losing Four in a row is unfathomable

• EstilEstil Posts: 7,040 ✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Estil said:

I can say with absolute certainty I'd rather not make a Super Bowl.than make one and lose

Well that's easy for you to say, your guys won six! And I do remember back in 2019 playfully telling my Bostonian wife how everyone outside of New England is sick of the Patriots (who before that year been in the SB four out of the last five years) and what a refreshing change of pace it was for someone else (the Chefs) to win the AFC pennant for a change! :blush:

WISHLIST
    D's: 54S,53P,50P,49S,45D+S,44S,43D,41S,40D+S,39D+S,38D+S,37D+S,36S,35D+S,all 16-34's
    Q's: 52S,47S,46S,40S,39S,38S,37D+S,36D+S,35D,34D,32D+S
    74T: 37,38,47,151,193,241,435,570,610,654,655 97 Finest silver: 115,135,139,145,310
    73T:31,55,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,80,152,165,189,213,235,237,257,341,344,377,379,390,422,433,453,480,497,545,554,563,580,606,613,630
    95 Ultra GM Sets: Golden Prospects,HR Kings,On-Base Leaders,Power Plus,RBI Kings,Rising Stars

@Estil said:

@perkdog said:

@Estil said:

Well that's easy for you to say, your guys won six! And I do remember back in 2019 playfully telling my Bostonian wife how everyone outside of New England is sick of the Patriots (who before that year been in the SB four out of the last five years) and what a refreshing change of pace it was for someone else (the Chefs) to win the AFC pennant for a change! :blush:

Fair enough my friend!

New stadium? Meh. I live in Texas. If I see one maybe 2 games there it will be all. Had season tickets from 63-82 in two different stadiums. We petitioned a dome back in 1970 to no avail. The theme was
    “No more snow, football in a dome” or something like that.
    Trust me, I shoveled my share of snow off hard ass seats in my time. 😂

W.C.Fields

@perkdog said:

@Estil said:

@perkdog said:

@Estil said:

Fair enough my friend!

If I was assigned, officially, to mediate this dispute (is it better to go to four straight and lose them all, or to never go at all) I would simply say... it's all relative 😉

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

This must be the place to wish all a healthy and memorable season.
    A Philadelphia Eagles fan hatched from an egg.
    PS, Good Luck

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@Estil said:

@perkdog said:

@Estil said:

Fair enough my friend!

If I was assigned, officially, to mediate this dispute (is it better to go to four straight and lose them all, or to never go at all) I would simply say... it's all relative 😉

It's hard for us to even give an opinion since it wasn't us that went through that though lol

In the Twitter video in the link that shows Diggs saying something to Allen during the Bengals playoff loss, Diggs has his arms up, assumingly yelling something at Allen, who has his head down looking at the tablet. I find it interesting that Diggs, while yelling at Allen, is walking away from him. Why not stand in front of Allen and get his attention?

@thisistheshow said:

In the Twitter video in the link that shows Diggs saying something to Allen during the Bengals playoff loss, Diggs has his arms up, assumingly yelling something at Allen, who has his head down looking at the tablet. I find it interesting that Diggs, while yelling at Allen, is walking away from him. Why not stand in front of Allen and get his attention?

Diggs is very emotional, perhaps a bit insane.

Thank goodness the Vikings got Jefferson when Diggs forced a trade.

Get rid of him while he still has value!

Honestly. Much ado about nothing. It’s off season and the talking heads needs something to keep their 12 viewers happy. What better than controversy when there’s really isn’t any. Diggs had and excused day off and came to camp the next day. Videos of him laughing and clowning with Josh Allen are out there from that day.
    Diggs would really like D-Hop to take the load and double coverage off him but I don’t think the Bills are in a financial situation to comply.

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:
    Honestly. Much ado about nothing. It’s off season and the talking heads needs something to keep their 12 viewers happy. What better than controversy when there’s really isn’t any. Diggs had and excused day off and came to camp the next day. Videos of him laughing and clowning with Josh Allen are out there from that day.
    Diggs would really like D-Hop to take the load and double coverage off him but I don’t think the Bills are in a financial situation to comply.

Well maybe that's why Allen didn't target him a bunch during that crucial drive he is crying about.

Because he was double covered lol