Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grader Notes For Cards

Ok...in comic book grading if the book grade is less than 3 grades from mint grader notes for WHY are USUALLY supplied for the normal fee...I think PSA could start offering this service for their card grading and customers would even be willing to pay like $5 extra for this service as to why the card was less than MINT or NM/MT...Has this IDEA been discussed before?

Comments

• Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Not to my knowledge. I have made similar suggestions and also said the 4 category grading like BGS would be a difference maker in my opinion.

• Options
    STLKabongSTLKabong Posts: 68 ✭✭✭

We're already paying for their opinion, they need to include the reasons for the grade received now.
    Embed that information into the QR code on the back of the label with the corresponding picture of the card and add in something security related to make it so someone can't fake PSA labels.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least for any card you have to pay more than the basic fee to grade.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    HOMETOWNSPORTSHOMETOWNSPORTS Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2023 10:27AM

@JoeBanzai said:
    At least for any card you have to pay more than the basic fee to grade.

Yeah I can see especially for the $100 + tiers and an add on service charge of like $5-$8 for lesser $ tiers...I think this will be the future... i.e. notes like top left corner wear, edge chipping, centering,large or slight surface crease(s) etc etc...comic grading use verbal descriptions so PSA MIGHT get a leg up on beckett maybe instead of just a number subgrade...grading seems more of an art than science

• Options
    HOMETOWNSPORTSHOMETOWNSPORTS Posts: 98 ✭✭✭

one year ago is my original idea of grader notes like they do for comics...I'm a business IDEA consultant for certain industries...off topic is what I can tell you is buy all the UBER stock you can get as they will integrate INSTANT airline travel bookings once UBER can tie into the airline scheduling systems...$200-$300 dollar stock 3-5 years from now...rock on folks

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

You first