Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

FS Rare Michael Jordan photos, never offered or displayed anywhere. One of a kind.

Comments

• Options

See other three at the bottom of the post.

Selling

On Ebay here

These are rare photos of Michael Jordan. I found the slides in 2020, during covid lock down, while organizing my old photos. They have never been sold or displayed anywhere until now.

These photos were taken 3/2/1983 at the Alexander Memorial Coliseum in Atlanta Georgia during a game between the North Carolina Tar Heels and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. I took the photos from floor level with my Nikon SLR camera.

I love the expressions of the players and coaches on the bench. They are from left to right: Cecil Exum, Timo Makkonen, Brad Daugherty, Steve Hale, and Warren Martin, (coaches) Eddie Fogler, Dean Smith and Roy Williams. Mark Price watches as Jordan dunks.

Looking back, I am amazed how easy it was to obtain a press pass for the game. I sent a letter to the Georgia Tech athletic department identifying myself as an artist and a few weeks later I got a press pass in the mail. That would never happen today.

I have the slides of the images and will print any size up to 30"x20" or 20"x30" depending on format. SLIDES ARE INCLUDED WITH THE PURCHASE free and clear to do whatever you like with them. You can purchase the slides only if you like for the same price.

The price of $2000 is for the dunk with the ball above the rim. I will negotiate the price for one or more of the other three.

Provenance
    Artist name: Chuck Downs
    Title of the work: Untitled
    Year of completion: 3/2/1983
    Dimensions: Original unprinted slides, can be printed to any size
    Medium: Photography
    Edition number, if applicable: none
    Special instructions: none
    Statement of Authenticity:
    Four photographs of Michael Jordan. Taken 3/2/1983 at the Alexander Memorial Coliseum in Atlanta Georgia during a game between the North Carolina Tar Heels and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. I found them in 2020 while organizing my old photos. They have never been sold or displayed anywhere.