Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

My $2 strap from last week:

Got a strap of $2 yesterday from the bank. Half the strap was from the 1976 series and the majority of the 1976 series was from the California district. They are mostly crisp with no folds/holes.
Four of the notes were star notes!!!

IMG_20230601_234954

IMG_20230601_234804

Comments

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that members here are becoming accustomed to your finds and it will take even better ones to excite them. Four high grade 1976 stars is a pretty nice find but no red seals or large size type notes yet? An Educational would really be impressive. Congratulations, again.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the series 1976 $2 FRNs are printed on paper that’s a wee bit grayish compared to more modern $2s ?

• Options
    luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the series 1976 $2 FRNs are printed on paper that’s a wee bit grayish compared to more modern $2s ?

i agree with Steve. the '76 notes does look slightly grayish (darker) than the modern ones.

• Options
    luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭

@sellitstore said:
    I think that members here are becoming accustomed to your finds and it will take even better ones to excite them. Four high grade 1976 stars is a pretty nice find but no red seals or large size type notes yet? An Educational would really be impressive. Congratulations, again.

Thanks! I hope to find those some day but I've been slowing down on my searches bc my office moved uptown in NYC. Now I have scope out the banks here and see where they located. I also need to mingle with the tellers lol.