Home Sports Talk

If you don’t have anything better to do for 7:26:54

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I watched some of Oilers vs Steelers game, with Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen on the call. It's very fascinating watching football from 1979, it's like going back in time!

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

hey DD...
    this Oilers - Steelers game that you're talking about... :)

And New England fans should enjoy the video, the Pats stomped the Jets 56-3!

Just one more thing, it's weird because we always talk about guys like Mean Joe Greene, Terry Bradshaw, Jack Lambert, Earl Campbell, and they sort of become almost mythical. It's weird watching them actually play on TV, these larger than life legends.

Totally with ya DD...
    I've been looking for more of old school AFL footage these last few days...the best that I have on any AFL footage is when HBO did a special on the AFL from way back when; which I still have on VHS... :)

Fascinating stuff, I don't know too much about the AFL days, I'll have to watch that documentary. I know Todd is a big AFL guy, he has one of the best AFL collections on Earth, I wish he were here to share his input. 😔

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys rock 🍻

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    You guys rock 🍻

ditto

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2023 4:46PM

@perkdog said:
    You guys rock 🍻

Thanks, Perky....

@Hydrant said:

@perkdog said:
    You guys rock 🍻

Thanks, Perky....

How are you, @Hydrant ?

True story , the news was on, something about...fires ...maybe...California. of course I know you have dealt with much, as we've discussed.

Anyway, the story is on the news, and my wife says "your friend will be busy"...lol sort of a weird way to say it, and I think she meant it with concern, still I am quoting her exactly because I thought that you would find the humor in my wife so nonchalantly mentioning you during casual conversation in the thisistheshow living room/dining area as she prepared dinner...

Looks like there are a bunch of great videos on that YouTube channel.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2023 8:31PM

>

How are you, @Hydrant ?

True story , the news was on, something about...fires ...maybe...California. of course I know you have dealt with much, as we've discussed.

Anyway, the story is on the news, and my wife says "your friend will be busy"...lol sort of a weird way to say it, and I think she meant it with concern, still I am quoting her exactly because I thought that you would find the humor in my wife so nonchalantly mentioning you during casual conversation in the thisistheshow living room/dining area as she prepared dinner...

Well, Showboat, send my best regards to your beautiful wife and tell her that I appreciate her concern..... She is prescient.
    The wildfire situation here is what it is.....just live with it.....
    My whole life is centered around clearing bush around the ranch to stop fires from spreading...... I'm lucky in one way,....In this county, Riverside Co., outdoor fires of any sort are illegal......ALWAYS!.
    But,....The local California Department of Forestry Station issues me a burning permit... I'm the only one. The only requirement is that I have to call them 30 minutes before the burn because if any person sees smoke in the air and calls 911, then the fire trucks are required by law to respond.....If I call them in advance they know it's me....No Problem...

Local Station....

WE INTERUPT THIS POST FOR AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

I stopped writing this post and then went out to do some work....
    Like, clearing brush????
    Here is what I found under a rock.....

That makes #11 for just this year.....Holy Christ!
    Number 10....

FORGET ABOUT WILDFIRES!!!!
    I HAVE OTHER PROBLEMS!!.....

But,....Very Common Sight Around Here....All The Time..

Adios Amigos!

hey Hydrant,
    let the paint dry a little on your truck... :)