Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2023 4:55AM

😄😄😄

He just doesn't want to play, he wants the contract though

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

This guy. So fragile.

remember Glass Joe on Mike Tyson's punchout

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭

I think he wants to play but his body is telling him no. He is not a physical specimen by any means . His body is telling him to stop overworking it. It happens to all of us sooner or later. If he comes back from this episode it will not be long before something else happens.

I agree that he wants to play, but the body has broken down. has been broken down for years. it must have been around 31 or so for him.

Pedro broke down at a relatively young age as well.

edited June 2, 2023 7:19AM

Lol you guys are giving this guy way to much credit, yea he wants to Play? His last few seasons beg to differ

@perkdog said:
    Lol you guys are giving this guy way to much credit, yea he wants to Play? His last few seasons beg to differ

Have you ever tried to do something when you are hurt? I know I have and found out than I just can't do what I did a few years ago. Your body lets you know when it time to quit. He has reached that pointing his body is now telling him to quit. Even if he gets a little better now it will quickly remind him just like it does all of us.

@tommyrusty7 said:

@perkdog said:

Have you ever tried to do something when you are hurt? I know I have and found out than I just can't do what I did a few years ago. Your body lets you know when it time to quit. He has reached that pointing his body is now telling him to quit. Even if he gets a little better now it will quickly remind him just like it does all of us.

Lol I worked in a correctional facility for 20 years, 10 years of it I was either on or in charge of the emergency response team.

I'm well aware of injury vs hurt and bringing it at less than 100%

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@tommyrusty7 said:

@perkdog said:

Lol I worked in a correctional facility for 20 years, 10 years of it I was either on or in charge of the emergency response team.

So he was just supposed to pitch threw a torn UCL that required TJ surgery? Hes an elite professional athlete that will be absolutely worthless to the team and risk his own career trying to pitch threw certain things.

He wants to play, hes not choosing to get hurt. Hes has a cross country runner type frame at 6'6 175ish and had a huge workload during his career thats catching up to him

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@tommyrusty7 said:

@perkdog said:

So he was just supposed to pitch threw a torn UCL that required TJ surgery? Hes an elite professional athlete that will be absolutely worthless to the team and risk his own career trying to pitch threw certain things.

He wants to play, hes not choosing to get hurt. Hes has a cross country runner type frame at 6'6 175ish and had a huge workload during his career thats catching up to him

I'm talking about him missing all that time from his bike riding accident, the guy has been 100% unavailable for the past 3 years, stop it

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2023 10:59PM

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@tommyrusty7 said:

@perkdog said:

I'm talking about him missing all that time from his bike riding accident, the guy has been 100% unavailable for the past 3 years, stop it

Sale had TJ surgery in March of 2020. He had to deal with an unusual situation during his rehab. TJ takes 12-18 months to get back to normal if you do which isnt assured. Then to top that all off after starting to come back the owners initiated a lockout which means hes blocked from team doctors. Body type aside and previous workload aside, he had the worst rehab period in the history of MLB other than getting drafted for WW2 which the stars got out of if they didnt want to.

Was he supposed to throw with a torn UCL all that time and never have it fixed? He wants to be on the field, he didnt choose to get hurt. He was a big part of their 2018 run and by far and away their best pitcher the year before. You have a SO/9 that looks like youre a closer in the 12+ range and yes your workload is super high and injuries are going to happen

Missouri 14 OSU 3

Sale is the least of their problems at this point!

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@tommyrusty7 said:

@perkdog said:

Sale had TJ surgery in March of 2020. He had to deal with an unusual situation during his rehab. TJ takes 12-18 months to get back to normal if you do which isnt assured. Then to top that all off after starting to come back the owners initiated a lockout which means hes blocked from team doctors. Body type aside and previous workload aside, he had the worst rehab period in the history of MLB other than getting drafted for WW2 which the stars got out of if they didnt want to.

Was he supposed to throw with a torn UCL all that time and never have it fixed? He wants to be on the field, he didnt choose to get hurt. He was a big part of their 2018 run and by far and away their best pitcher the year before. You have a SO/9 that looks like youre a closer in the 12+ range and yes your workload is super high and injuries are going to happen

You can defend him all you want, you bring some valid points to his defense but I don't believe he needed to miss as much time as he did

I 100% believe Sale wants to pitch. His body is just not built for the rigors of it though.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

5.4 million per game.

NICE.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

good grief