Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Surprised nobody commented on the new PSA Pricing

$25 a card and no specials? That's pretty tough. The market is pretty soft and $25 is just so exorbitant. Mainly and selfishly, I will be submitting so much less and that means less fun. :(. Thoughts?

Comments

• BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the looks of it they’re really trying to encourage more folks to pay membership fees because you can get them for $19/card as a bull submission of at least 20.

Wonder if that means a lot have met their membership lapse over the past year or so.

• HarnessracingHarnessracing Posts: 309 ✭✭✭

I think the special may show up and day. Who knows what it may be

• detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭

They've had my cards since February and still in grading, so either they're quadruple checking because they can't believe the cards are all 10s, or they are not hurting for business using the current pricing structure.

• RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 775 ✭✭✭✭

The special is '90 to present bulk, $15/card, 10 card min.
    My sub is already in the mail, hoping to beat the rush.

• JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Summer Gem Special for $15 a card 1990-2023. I like the deal but just wish there was a schedule of these as I would have saved $164 on the submission I sent last week. I think alerts to current members a few weeks before a special would be appreciated and even an early sign up so we are FOTL.

It's a tough gig for card grading prices. The price of cards dropped, less buyers, potentially less submissions. Employee wages, shipping logistics, property taxes, energy costs, and probably materials all increased.

Various pros/cons. Pros for members are obvious.
    Pros for grading companies would be custom satisfaction which translates to loyalty, grows the business, and a less volatile flow. Also you could have a slightly better grip on demand for better forecasting of demand to make running operations a little smoother.
    Con would be less profit if people hold out when they otherwise would have submitted like I did. Likely I would have submitted more cards but the profit margins aren't as high. However profit is profit unless you're turning away work, or can't make commitments, for the high dollar quick turn around options.

Regardless, $15 for 1990-2023 is a good deal to me.

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish their ticket pricing weren't so expensive.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Blindmelon5Blindmelon5 Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

Where are you guys seeing $15 a card. Are you being facetious???

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
    edited June 2, 2023 8:17AM

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

@Cakes said:

1992+ vs 1990+

edited June 2, 2023 8:20AM

Having browser issues. UG!

• olb31olb31 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

$15 is the new bottom line. Probably for all companies.

Work hard and you will succeed!!

@RonSportscards said:

Maybe you realize this, but that special is for "Trading Card Game" cards only (TCG), although if you are sending in your 1993 Topps Jeff Reboulet Rookie Card in the special, a good lawyer should be able to defend your case, as "TCG" has stood for "Topps Chewing Gum" since 1950.

• Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle

• We've got two additional specials we're announcing next week (non-card related). Stay tuned for those.

Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@maysmantle said:
    We've got two additional specials we're announcing next week (non-card related). Stay tuned for those.

Can you put something together for the 5X7 posters/pinups from the 60-80s? The lowest tier is $150 each for those and they often sell for only $50-$100 graded.

• 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

Why doesn't PSA make a schedule of monthly specials for the year and post those on their website?

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2023 5:55PM

@secretstash said:

Can you put something together for the 5X7 posters/pinups from the 60-80s? The lowest tier is $150 each for those and they often sell for only $50-$100 graded.

>
    >
    >
    YES THAT WOULD BE NICE

I've been asking for that 5x7 special for 5 years I have 100+ modern topps 5x7 been sitting all numbered 49 or less and most 10 or less.

@detroitfan2 said:

@RonSportscards said:

Maybe you realize this, but that special is for "Trading Card Game" cards only (TCG), although if you are sending in your 1993 Topps Jeff Reboulet Rookie Card in the special, a good lawyer should be able to defend your case, as "TCG" has stood for "Topps Chewing Gum" since 1950.

I got the email for the June Special...

I had a 30 card stack ready to go, so once I got the email, I did the online submission and the prices showed correctly for '90+ sportscards for $15.

@olb31 said:

CSG is $12 for bulk any year, 20 day turn around.
    SGC had very specific $9 special for, I think it was ultra modern Bowman Chrome.

Oh sweet! I just found the email, looks like I need to pay attention more. As a PSA PSA, the 65 business day estimated turnaround should read 65 business days +/- 65 business days.

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

They need to gear up for the National. Will se what specials they have there.

@secretstash said:

@maysmantle said:
    We've got two additional specials we're announcing next week (non-card related). Stay tuned for those.

Agreed. And maybe include Topps Coins special.

Speaking of 5x7, I recently picked up this '81 Topps Super Brett, and the holder is a little warped? enough so that the label moves around out of position and you can squeeze the holder and it makes a squeaking sound.
    Anybody know PSA's position on this? Will they re-holder it for free?

• olb31olb31 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RonSportscards said:

@olb31 said:

CSG is $12 for bulk any year, 20 day turn around.
    SGC had very specific $9 special for, I think it was ultra modern Bowman Chrome.

CSG isn't on my radar. SGC is a good one for mid 70's and later.

PSA
    Beckett
    SGC for older. I wouldn't use another company unless you just want it holdered for condition purposes.

Work hard and you will succeed!!