Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

For Sale: 1897-S Centered Mintmark Barber Quarter

OmegaraptorOmegaraptor Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 29, 2023 10:58AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Hello CU,

Today I am offering a special item for sale! This is an 1897-S Barber Quarter with the very rare Centered Mintmark variety. This date is already #4 in the Barber Quarter series after the "Big Three" keys and only about 5% of known examples of this already tough coin have the centered mintmark. David Lawrence briefly touched on the scarcity of this mintmark position in his Complete Guide to Barber Quarters, and despite its lack of inclusion in our hosts' recognized varieties, the 1897-S Centered Mintmark Barber Quarter sees high demand from Barber collectors.

A VF-20 example of the Centered Mintmark sold for a whopping $2,750 in November of 2021 - several times more than a normal, far-right position 1897-S would sell for. This one's obviously not a VF-20, and it has some minor problems as well. However, it should be quite a bit more available - I'm asking $349 shipped and insured for this one, and I would be glad to entertain offers.

Thanks for stopping by,
Filip

"You can't get just one gun." "You can't get just one tattoo." "You can't get just one 1796 Draped Bust Large Cent."

Comments

• Options

ttt

"You can't get just one gun." "You can't get just one tattoo." "You can't get just one 1796 Draped Bust Large Cent."

• Options

ttt

$349 shipped

• Options

ttt

make an offer