Home Sports Talk
Options

Getting into an MLB game

SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was just looking at tickets for this weekend's games in Houston, with the Astros and Angels.

According to the Astros' ticket website, you have "to use an iOS or Android mobile device to gain entry to your event."

I even called the ticket agency, and they basically told me the same thing; you have to use electronic tickets.

When the HE-double-hockey sticks did this happen, where paper tickets are no good? Now, you have to have a cellphone to get into an MLB game?

I do not own an iphone, cellphone, smartphone, or any other phone other than a simple landline voice phone; I've never had a need for one, as I have no family or friends who I absolutely must be able to be in contact with at a moment's notice. So I guess actually going to a major league baseball game is no longer an option for me.

F-it!

Steve

Comments

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

For a few years now the Miami Hurricanes home games have gone paperless (electronic from phone).

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24 said:
    Sorry to hear this. But you will be much happier watching on your TV, provided you own one.

Yes, I have a TV, although I normally watch the games on my computer (Dell desktop).

Heck, I even have an answering machine on my phone :smiley:

I just refuse to let a phone control my life, by carrying it with me 24/7.

Steve

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SDSportsFan said:

@Alfonz24 said:
    Sorry to hear this. But you will be much happier watching on your TV, provided you own one.

Yes, I have a TV, although I normally watch the games on my computer (Dell desktop).

Heck, I even have an answering machine on my phone :smiley:

I just refuse to let a phone control my life, by carrying it with me 24/7.

Steve

I absolutely respect you for doing this but I'm going to say that you are costing yourself a massive amount of convenience

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

many events have gone to e tickets. we have been to some non sporting events and they did offer a paper ticket, but it had to be ordered well in advance and then snail mailed to you.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

Technology is changing everything these days, I'm not impressed.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't had physical tix for my season tix for Atlanta United since 2020, and those were lanyards for the whole season. No physical tix for Mercedes Benz stadium or Braves here anymore.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crackdown on physical scalpers? and counterfeits?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24 said:
    Crackdown on physical scalpers? and counterfeits?

Does this still exist? Someone outside the stadium selling tickets?

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭✭

I'm glad I don't go to games anymore because I don't own a cell phone and have no intention of getting one. Pretty soon it will be illegal to own cash!