Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Storing PSA Graded Postcards

Hello all - I want to see how folks on the board are storing their graded postcard sized collections.

I am currently storing them in two-row grading cardboard boxes, but even with the middle divider removed the cards do not quite fit. I now have enough of these graded cards/tickets that I need to figure out the best way to store them.

Any ideas or tips?

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle

Comments

• Options
    CardGeekCardGeek Posts: 400 ✭✭✭

Maybe measure then go to a box store?

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

I own quite a few PSA slabbed 5x7 cards that I've just kept in the boxes that PSA used to ship back to me but I also own many other different sized slabs from both PSA & BGS that were larger than the standard card sized slab. I've just kept in the same method you're using with the 5K count box minus the middle devider.
    I've thought about purchasing different sized boxes to see which fit best but it would really just be a waste of money in my case where I own so few of each sized slab.

OP,if you want to spend the money on better quality storage cases then i would look for something like these below. I'm not necessarily recommending those exact ones,I'm sure you could search online and find a better price and case-size that fits you best. Spend some time on ebay looking through their graded storage case results while changing up the wording,you might find something you like.
    I do know that Harbor Freight ones are always going on sale and you could also find online coupons for the different sized cases that they offer.
    https://tinyurl.com/ycxrvzu3

https://www.harborfreight.com/4800-weatherproof-protective-case-x-large-black-64250.html

I haven't got around to purchasing one of these yet but for some of my larger slabs I was planning on just stacking them on their sides to guarantee they fit. I don't remember the exact dimensions but the 5x7 PSA slabs were just slightly too large to fit comfortably inside most cases that i found online. Where you're slabs are postcard sized (assuming roughly 4x6) you might have some better luck fitting them straight up in some cases or at the very least laying them on their sides.

• Options
    ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the replies! I think my problem is the volume of slabs I need to store. They are not valuable enough to get a pelican case (although they are very nice).

I like the idea of checking out Hobby Lobby or the Container Store to see if they have a photo box that may fit.

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • Options
    ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭

Update - turns out a good old fashioned shoebox does the trick.