Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Rookie mistake...leaving a card off the submission form

PSA received my 41 card submission which I must have not included the final card. A 97 skybox Jordan was an afterthought but it made the cut last minute. Of stuff I can mention, planning for this week involved a property tax dispute at the courthouse, a board meeting for a non-profit, and canceling interviews because of a minor contract extension for a few weeks of work which was supposed to run dry yesterday; plus kids, 5 dogs, wife...my excuses are an attempt to justify my boneheaded mistake.

A PSA employee kindly let me know which card was the issue and some additional information was provided.

"The quantity and estimated total charge of your order will be adjusted accordingly, and your order will continue to be processed.

This email is being sent as a courtesy and no response is required on your part. Once all cards in your submission have been researched and identified, you will receive an email providing you with the full list of items included in the submission, along with the opportunity to confirm each line item to ensure accuracy."

I am grateful to have been informed quickly of my mistake. Since this is a cheap card then I am not too concerned about what declared value will look like.

I was pleasantly surprised and wanted to share what happened in my situation.

Comments

• Options
    SammyCSammyC Posts: 112 ✭✭

"estimated total charge of your order will be adjusted accordingly"...... So they are going to charge a fee since extra works need to be worked on your "extra" card?

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SammyC said:
    "estimated total charge of your order will be adjusted accordingly"...... So they are going to charge a fee since extra works need to be worked on your "extra" card?

No, they have to adjust the total because he only paid for 41 cards to be graded and returned but there are 42.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 982 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did the opposite recently. I accidentally wrote that I’d submitted 2 of the same card when I really only sent 1. They emailed to alert me and just corrected my mistake/the count. No harm no foul.

• Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I put 40 on the form and had an extra. I imagine it'll be $19 for the card, a small amount for shipping, and no fee for being an idiot and causing them extra hassle to contact me.

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

Consider yourself lucky. I submitted a card and forgot to put it on the form. I had a totally different outcome than you.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mess up almost every time I submit.

Work hard and you will succeed!!