Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

1973 British Honduras $1 & $5 Notes

PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 22, 2023 12:07AM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Couple notes I found going through this collection. Just stunning looking notes... little off-centered left to right but razor sharp corners and crisp. Was actually shocked at the value of these notes being fairly new.

**The green spot on the $5 between the FIVE" and "DOLLARS" is just on the holder

Promethius881969@yahoo.com

Comments

• Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 418 ✭✭✭

Was actually shocked at the value of these notes being fairly new.

-The most shocking thing about their present market value is that there's so many of the lower $1.00 in high grade but I guess demand remains high.

he green spot on the $5 between the FIVE" and "DOLLARS" is just on the holder

-What about the spot on the top right corner of the reverse side of the $1.00? The $1.00 is P-28c & the $5.00 is P-30c. Both are very collectible & likely worth the time/cost of certification.

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Serial_no_8 said:

Was actually shocked at the value of these notes being fairly new.

-The most shocking thing about their present market value is that there's so many of the lower $1.00 in high grade but I guess demand remains high.

he green spot on the $5 between the FIVE" and "DOLLARS" is just on the holder

-What about the spot on the top right corner of the reverse side of the $1.00? The $1.00 is P-28c & the $5.00 is P-30c. Both are very collectible & likely worth the time/cost of certification.

Yeah, that's just on the holder as well. As I go thru this all of this stuff, I'm pulling out notes I want to send in. I also have another, similar note... 1974 Goverment of Belize $2. It has better centering but a touch to one of the corners. I tossed it on Ebay but if it doesn't sell there I'll probably send it in.

World currency has always fascinated me but I've never delved into it. This has been a nice change and will be nice to put some notes into my collection.

I have the 2nd version of the $1.00 (P-28b issued in 1961). It was a bit tougher than the 3rd version. The 1st version (from the 1950's) is quite tough, verging on rare, I believe):

I also won the last version of the Belize $1.00 & was surprised how much I had to pay for it as these were sold quite cheap (ungraded) on eBay a few years ago (but the one I bought has a cool SN & was PMG 66).

I also have another, similar note... 1974 Goverment of Belize $2.

I have the 3rd version of the BH $2.00 as well:

The $5, $10 & $20 are very tough right into the 1980's & command high hammer prices. But I consider them a lot like Bahamas & Bermuda mid-high denominations. They're all pretty tough (to scarce) in the higher grades & will likely hold their value or increase in future value.

World currency has always fascinated me but I've never delved into it. This has been a nice change and will be nice to put some notes into my collection.

They're lovely notes. Most collectors would feel very fortunate to own them. Once you go down the World Currency "rabbit hole," its tough to extract yourself IMO B)

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Serial_no_8 said:
    I have the 2nd version of the $1.00 (P-28b issued in 1961). It was a bit tougher than the 3rd version. The 1st version (from the 1950's) is quite tough, verging on rare, I believe):

I also won the last version of the Belize $1.00 & was surprised how much I had to pay for it as these were sold quite cheap (ungraded) on eBay a few years ago (but the one I bought has a cool SN & was PMG 66).

I also have another, similar note... 1974 Goverment of Belize $2.

I have the 3rd version of the BH $2.00 as well:

The $5, $10 & $20 are very tough right into the 1980's & command high hammer prices. But I consider them a lot like Bahamas & Bermuda mid-high denominations. They're all pretty tough (to scarce) in the higher grades & will likely hold their value or increase in future value.

They're lovely notes. Most collectors would feel very fortunate to own them. Once you go down the World Currency "rabbit hole," its tough to extract yourself IMO B)

Thanks for sharing the pics and for the info. Those are nice. If you don't mind my asking, is there are reason you haven't sent them in for grading??

Ha, much to the opposite way that I want to proceed, instead of narrowing my focus, I seem to be expanding it.
    I don't think you can ever have too many "nice" things set back. Whether that be cards, coins, precious metals, currency or whatever. It's the junk that seems to accumulate.

edited May 24, 2023 3:06PM

Thanks for sharing the pics and for the info. Those are nice. If you don't mind my asking, is there are reason you haven't sent them in for grading??

-Thanks: both are graded gems (I just don't show the grades & have added the cropped images as they're smaller sized).