Home Sports Talk
Options

Preakness today.

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

So the Swami is back at Harrahs to watch the Preakness and lay a few dollars on the ponies.
With my $1700 paycheck on the Kentucky Derby I’m playing with house money.
I don’t play low odd horses but I had Mage at the Derby and at 8-5 I just can’t. So I’m going to spread it around and put Mage in the exactas and trifectas.
I like Blazing Sevens at 7-1 and I’ll lay $20 WPS.
I’m boxing 4 horses in the exactas and trifecta and I’ll spend a couple hundred doing it.
Let’s box 1,3,6 and 7.

What’s everyone doing? Are you even watching for a chance at the triple crown?

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not heard one word of the preakness running today - not from sports talk AM, TV news, Internet news, nothing. Didn't even know it was going on.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    I have not heard one word of the preakness running today - not from sports talk AM, TV news, Internet news, nothing. Didn't even know it was going on.

Its a really small field this year with only 7 horses that takes a lot of the shine off the event

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2023 4:53PM

Blazing Sevens was game until the end losing by a head.
    So it wasn’t a bad bet as I hit the place, show, exacta and trifecta. Small payouts and a very small profit but it’s better than a stick in the eye.
    Mage finished third and never was a contender so the triple crown will have to wait until next year.
    On to the Belmont for the last leg in two weeks.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.