Home Q & A Forum
Options

What happened in this angle of this quarter's reverse image photo.

emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at the letters above the head.
There's no what could be claimed as movement.
I looked at many shots and I keep coming up with the same result.
Maybe it's a two headed coin ?
Sorry could'nt help myself.

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can someone translate for me?

• Options
    GreenstangGreenstang Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

I want to answer but not quite sure what the question is.

• Options

@Greenstang said:
    I want to answer but not quite sure what the question is.

Look at the photo above and focus in on the face and head.
    Maybe it's just how it was created but on this coin the head and face only, seem to be stuttering.
    I'm getting out my micro camera to be sure. Now I just have to find the coin.
    Could the damaged planchet have done that ? I'll be back in a few days with better photo's.
    Sorry about the confusion.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nowhere have I read that Duke had a big head. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Looking at this image of Duke on two different strikes, as I only had two of them, to see if the strike caused any kind of movement of the damaged planchet. Researching !
    This question came to mind , "What is the tolerance level of a strike showing exact detail of a design" ?
    That may be a stupid question, but is there a point reached in splitting hairs so to say ?
    I kinda would like to know.

• Options

Wide eye .
    Sleepy

• Options
    GreenstangGreenstang Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

On your “sleepy” face, either the die or the coin is worn. Look at the lack of detail in the hair.
    This could slightly alter the appearance. Also remember the mint is more interested in quantity
    than quality so running presses at high speed is bound to cause slight anomalies in some coins.

• Options

@Greenstang
    That statement running at high speed is so on point because it does effect the quality of the run. Mintage.
    Been there and had to do that a few times on press. Paper.
    Thanks for your insight.
    Cool.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it April Fools day or what? It is hard to believe that anyone is trying to answer this question, including myself. This is the Humor thread, right.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

Yo, You sent for me ?
    This thread is so cold....._____?