Home Autographs Forum
Options

Neil Armstrong Autograph Value?

I have a very nice authenticated Neil Armstrong autograph. The authenticity is via a signed certificate. The PSA site charges $250 to verify and seal the signature. Knowing this, can anyone point me to a place that I can get a value for the signature?

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who issued the certificate? 🤔

• Options
    skamienieckiskamieniecki Posts: 78 ✭✭✭

Ira Sabin Autographs, Boca Raton FL.

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would recommend getting it authenticated (and preferably slabbed) by a more accepted and known authentication company such as Beckett, PSA/DNA, or JSA. Once you know it’s authentic according to them it can bring over $500 slabbed.

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2023 8:25PM

I'm a long-time astronaut autograph collector, and I have to say that I do not like that signature at all. It looks too slowly drawn; and on the last stroke (the "g"), it looks like three connected straight lines, as opposed to one curving line.

Personally, I wouldn't waste the money sending it to PSA.

Steve

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SDSportsFan said:
    I'm a long-time astronaut autograph collector, and I have to say that I do not like that signature at all. It looks too slowly drawn; and on the last stroke (the "g"), it looks like three connected straight lines, as opposed to one curving line.

Personally, I wouldn't waste the money sending it to PSA.

Steve

This will save the thread creator a lot of money. No need at all to send it off if it’s thought to be fake and there is a general consensus. Your opinion seems to be pretty solid so if it were mine, it would be enough for me to skip the expense of getting it authenticated. I would be disappointed though if I spent a lot on it.

Usually the reasons to get an autograph authenticated is if it was being sold/traded or the owner wanted it for insurance purposes.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steve Zarrelli can do a quick opinion by email for around $15 or $20. He is respected for space autographs. It's not a formal authentication but it is a hurdle to clear before dropping more money. Of course, he does full authentications also.

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, Steve is the best in the business for space autographs. Get an email opinion from him before sending it to PSA or any other TPA.

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not only that...Steve only charges $100 for a Letter of Authenticity on Neil Armstrong and his LOA's are certainly more respected in the space collecting community than other TPGs. Space and aviation autographs are the only genres he authenticates.

Did you have your Armstrong checked out?