Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Best way to sell Topps Chrome Football Camo Refractors sets?

I have 4 complete Topps Chrome Football Camo Refractors sets - 2012-2013-2014-2015. They are all serial numbered to 499.

I was thinking about selling the sets. Does anyone have any experience with selling refractor sets? Should I use ebay or an auction house? I assume I should sell each set individually but I would sell as a lot if it made value/ease sense.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Selling each set will likely bring more bidders out. Selling them altogether would likely eliminate some prospective buyers and probably net you less overall.

I am not familiar with the sets.

How many cards are in each set, is it 499 cards each year or are there 499 cards of each player and you have a random number for each player of the set for each year, say 105/499 of one player and 498/499 of another player.

I wouldn't do an auction if you did ebay. I would suggest a buy it now or other listing.

I put a 1957 Hank Aaron rookie dead centered PSA4 on ebay yesterday and it was gone in less than 12 hours for the full asking price.

• Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

That's amazing to complete those Camo sets!

Were you buying cases of the produce to do this or buying on eBay over time & what about the other rainbow colors - did you keep any of those?

Perhaps put a BIN pricing out on eBay to gague some eyeballs and interest with the ability for folks to make offers.

Ultimately, I would think selling individually will net you the most money but there may be some niche collectors that will pounce on these sets.

I don't think an auction house is the way to go because they are so focused on vintage.

Last, if you have any Minnesota Vikings from these years that are not Camo - that you are looking to sell, send me a PM and I will let you know which ones I need...if interested.

Enjoy your collection!
    Erik