Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

I almost forgot--Mother's Day!

StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, this is one forum not swimming in mothers...but oh well. These are a few newps and/or ones I'm pretty sure I haven't posted before.

Mama centaur and baby (I may have actually posted, but I love it and it wasn't in a folder yet)

Dr. Pinard, there is still a maneuver named for him with regard to breech deliveries. Again, may have posted but not in my mother's day folder yet.

Ditto on the not in the mother's day folder.

A 2023 NYINC newp, and uniface

Not a newp but I never put the photos together. Love the motion in the rotating belly, hopefully that comes across

Another non-newp--a buy from @numismagram a couple years ago. The temptation part is funny as it came with a full sized replica in very aged chocolate, which I don't have a photo of. Chocolate. Temptation. Yep.

This is an oldie and I felt like posting it again. If the rotating belly medal isn't enough, how about a six sided medal. This would lend itself to a youtube video if I were so inclined. Rasanen made many multi-faced medals but this is the best IMO. I may be biased.

Another uniface. One of a few out of a Kunker auction a couple years ago. Just now fixed the photo.

and one more rando I found.

Comments

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

I’ve never seen a baby centaur before. Nor a mother centaur, for that matter.

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Artistic license I'm sure.

I forgot one. This was another from the Kunker auction IIRC. 'Infant hygiene' or something similar. There was another hygiene medal in the group but it was not mommy/baby.

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

• BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Great items! Cathy, hope you had an outstanding Mothers’ Day (and great seeing you at NYINC).

"The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • jdmernjdmern Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

The centaur medal is awesome, I've definitely never seen that one before!

Justin Meunier

Boardwalk Numismatics