MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alaska?

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

it has to be somewhere out west with the size of those mountains

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭✭

Western Canada.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Second guess would be Montana

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Icefields Parkway.
    The Icefields Parkway is one of the most scenic drives in the entire world. This 230 kilometer-long stretch of highway (143 miles) winds its way through both Banff National Park and Jasper National Park connecting Lake Louise with Jasper – two of the best places to visit in Alberta.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is somewhere on the Icefields Parkway near Banff in the Canadian Rockies - I have seen that, I am just not sure what the specific location is.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a great place to ride a motorcycle at. Trailer up and just enjoy the view. Made y day

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

Bow Lake.........

Been there a few times when doing things in the Canadian Rockies, hopefully this is good luck for the Oil.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2023 3:52PM

Dinosaur Lake?......
    I took these photos from my chopper just prior to bailing out.....

GERONIMO!!!!!

• Options

Alfonz24 is correct. One of the most scenice and pristine drives in the world. It is indeed the Icefields Parkway.

If ever you get a chance to find your way to Banff, Alberta Canada, drive the Icefields Parkway...a drive you will NEVER forget!
    And, you get to drive it twice, up and back.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hydrant is the real DB Cooper

@Hydrant said:
    Dinosaur Lake?......
    I took these photos from my chopper just prior to bailing out.....

GERONIMO!!!!!

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24 hilarious. but it makes sense. explains the air of mystery surrounding our esteemed poster.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    @Alfonz24 hilarious. but it makes sense. explains the air of mystery surrounding our esteemed poster.

Looks like you cracked the case. It all makes sense now.

@hydrant, PM me, we need to talk...

• Options

let me put it this way. if i was standing in front of the oracle and my life depended on it, i'd say yes. hell yes. fire hydrant is db cooper.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Alfonz24 is correct. One of the most scenice and pristine drives in the world. It is indeed the Icefields Parkway.

If ever you get a chance to find your way to Banff, Alberta Canada, drive the Icefields Parkway...a drive you will NEVER forget!

So I was not correct also? I did not see his post, and in fact I found the exact location after I thought about my time there and then put it up, seems like some acknowledgement was there for me too, huh. Maybe he was first, but not a specific, silly me.

• Options

more pictures

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2023 10:24AM

@galaxy27 said:

......... if i was standing (sitting?) in front of the oracle and my life depended on it, i'd say yes. hell yes. fire hydrant is db cooper.

Galixico....
    You Are...
    And It Doesn't...

I'm Not The Vengeful Type...

• Options

@spacehayduke said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

So I was not correct also? I did not see his post, and in fact I found the exact location after I thought about my time there and then put it up, seems like some acknowledgement was there for me too, huh. Maybe he was first, but not a specific, silly me.

The first correct response was from Alfonz24, on 5/11 at 4:53. His response was in fact correct and very informative.

YOUR response was posted on 5/11 at 5:34, approximately 30 minutes after his. I have no intention of responding to all posts beyond the first poster who identifies the pic correctly. This is just fun stuff in cyberspace. I only post these pics randomly to share some of the places I've been and to encourage people to visit if they can. It appears you think I may have slighted you for not acknowledging your post, nothing could be further from reality.

As it generally happens, the post morphed into helicopter jumping, DB Cooper and other things. As the OP, I have no issue with that, we're all here to have a little fun and enjoy each other from different locations. Strangers enjoying life. Don't be so thin skinned.

BTW, FWIW, the follow up pic of the lake shaped like a bear's head is called Peyto Lake. I would discourage a visit here, it's a steep walk from the parking lot, only to find yourself at a very small viewing platform squeezing past people for a quick glimpse of a geographical anomaly.