Home Autographs Forum

How to submit autographed sports cards to PSA

Hi guys, sorry I'm a newb and searches didn't seem to find anything. I have bought some autographed football cards, that came autographed and on the back of them it says "Autograph guaranteed by Panini" or whatever. When submitting those to PSA, do they still require you to pay for the autograph grading on those? I would think if the autograph were already guaranteed by the card manufacturer, it should be graded as a regular card if that makes sense? What experience do you have with this? Thanks much!

Tagged:

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2023 3:52PM

Grading vs authentication.

You can always the card graded without comment about the autograph, although they might see the writing as damage. I'm not sure.

If you opt for card grading and autograph authentication (not autograph grading also) then that will reduce the cost.

PSA (or any authentication company) won't recognize another company's authentication.

You might get more replies if you post on the Sports Memorabilia forum here.

• @JBK said:
    Grading vs authentication.

You can always the card graded without comment about the autograph, although they might see the writing as damage. I'm not sure.

If you opt for card grading and autograph authentication (not autograph grading also) then that will reduce the cost.

PSA (or any authentication company) won't recognize another company's authentication.

You might ger more replies if you post on the Sports Memorabilia forum here.

So I emailed PSA about it a day ago not expecting a response anytime over the next several days, but just responded! They said post-1998 manufacture authenticated auto cards do not need the Autograph Grade or Autograph Authentication! Woo hoo!

I also asked about cards with patches on them, they said those can also be submitted as regular cards and not memoribilia. Another bonus!

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's huge. Thx for the update.

I know with CGC comic book grading, they only recognize their own authentication. Comics signed outside of their private signings get a "graffiti" notation.