Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Hot Registry Set - USPI All Varieties

Lots Of Updates -

It looks like collectors of the 206 piece U.S. Philippines All-Varieties Set are getting very serious in preparation for the upcoming registry deadline.

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/private-issues-territorial-gold/territorial-private-issues/philippines-complete-set-all-varieties-circulation-strikes-1903-1945/5099

I’ve been a part a lot of very enjoyable and competitive registry set races over the last 20+ years, including a tremendous Jefferson competition a while back, and the very fun Roosie registry competition, among many others.

This USPI variety set is a seriously challenging collection, and has a similar camaraderie amongst competitors, and is proving to be a very fun set to collect!
This could be very exciting to watch in the coming weeks. :)

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Maharlika Collection Philippines Complete Set with All Varieties just took over the #1 slot in this particular registry set competition. And the former #1 set holder held that position for the past 6-7+ years. So, this registry competition is among the strongest and most competitive in all of set registry as far as I have seen. Congratulations to all who are building this utterly amazing set of U.S. coins!

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭

This set competition has been very active recently. All top five sets have made multiple moves towards the top.
    The Sixth Army set moved back into first place in early June with the addition or improvement of a couple coins.
    Then, the Maharlika set came back with some upgrades, and a couple additions last week to retake #1.
    Does the Sixth Army set have any last minute addition or upgrades?
    This has been fun to watch.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

MAHARLIKA Collection looks like it will likely replace Sixth Army as #1 set this year after an impressive six year run as Top set. Fitting that the Sixth Army was on top for six years!

Congratulations to all of the top 5 sets this year in what appeared to be one of the most heated Registry battles for the top slot in all of Registry!!

Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.