Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What coin (s) outside of the series you normally collect would you like to own?

PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 4, 2023 6:07PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

I find the 1287 error Cap & Ray GA FS 8 reales to be a very cool coin. I do not intend ever buying the 1287 error it is out of my league anyways but very cool none the less.

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

Comments

• Options
    Sergey74Sergey74 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

I didn't see it before, it's interesting. Every coin what i want is "my series". And i think it's better for all collectors - to collect what you want today.

Peace.

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2023 10:39AM

@Sergey74 said:
    I didn't see it before, it's interesting. Every coin what i want is "my series". And i think it's better for all collectors - to collect what you want today.

The 1287 error is extremely rare I have never seen one up for auction either. Someone said there was one over 10 years ago that sold. I agree I stick with my few series I collect and that is that. Can't afford to be all over the place and I enjoy the focus anyways.

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options
    1984worldcoins1984worldcoins Posts: 596 ✭✭✭✭✭

All.

Coinsof1984@martinb6830 on twitter

• Options
    Sergey74Sergey74 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

@PillarDollarCollector said:

@Sergey74 said:

The 1287 error is extremely rare I have never seen one up for auction either. Someone said there was one over 10 years ago that sold. I agree I stick with my few series I collect and that is that. Can't afford to be all over the place and I enjoy the focus anyways.

I just think if you have the interest to the coin and you can buy it, just buy it. If you think "i don't need it anymore", just sell it. You can get tired to collect one theme. And it's normal to change your theme or have a new theme of collection. Several years i collected only kopeika by russian tsar Peter I and i thought "oh, i can collect it all life", very many variations, i had near 150 coins. And? And one time i have bought something another, then another and else. I sold all my 150 coins and bought another and i am happy as collector.

Peace.

• Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭

I do collect young head Victoria coins, but not the gold. But if someone gave me $372,000.00, I might consider this:

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson