Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

King of collectibles on netflix

Has anyone watched this show yet on Netflix. I thought Goldin has a bad reputation in the hobby. The shows makes them kinda look like clowns in my opinion. Interesting but they all look sleazy.

Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars

Comments

  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Watching it now. So far not interested in Beanie Babies or Pokemon, but it's better than most of the other shows on Netflix imo.

    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I watched about 15 minutes of the 1st episode. My takeaway is that everyone on the show is such a terrible actor that it's almost unwatchable. I can't imagine how bad the takes were that didn't make the final edit. It is not good.

  • RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭

    It's on my watch list, but can't stop binge watching Ozark right now.
    Plus I get more than my fill of Goldin with endless emails from PSA pushing them.

  • MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭

    I watched all the episodes. It was just OK. After the first episode, I knew I'd be taking the rest with a grain of salt. You can tell a lot of it was staged (like most other "reality" shows) and the "acting" was awful, especially Ken Goldin's daughter. The parts I enjoyed were getting an inside look at their facilities and warehouse, the Steph Curry raw card going to PSA and the Lewis Hamilton 1/1 superfractor segment was also pretty cool. I was really rooting for the kids on each of those. The segment with Logan Paul in the last episode where they open a few boxes of 1st edition Pokemon was entertaining, even though I can't stand Logan Paul. Just another lesson on why unopened should stay sealed :smile:

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have only watched the first episode. I think Kenny comes off as pompous though.

    I wonder how many of the people watching have any idea that they are watching the same "kenny" that don west was always screaming at?

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • 82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2023 10:06AM

    @72skywalker said:
    Has anyone watched this show yet on Netflix. The shows makes them kinda look like clowns in my opinion. Interesting but they all look sleazy.

    The Camera ain't lying.

    Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

  • erbaerba Posts: 278 ✭✭✭✭

    @MantleFan23 said:
    I watched all the episodes. It was just OK. After the first episode, I knew I'd be taking the rest with a grain of salt. You can tell a lot of it was staged (like most other "reality" shows) and the "acting" was awful, especially Ken Goldin's daughter. The parts I enjoyed were getting an inside look at their facilities and warehouse, the Steph Curry raw card going to PSA and the Lewis Hamilton 1/1 superfractor segment was also pretty cool. I was really rooting for the kids on each of those. The segment with Logan Paul in the last episode where they open a few boxes of 1st edition Pokemon was entertaining, even though I can't stand Logan Paul. Just another lesson on why unopened should stay sealed :smile:

    I had the same exact thoughts as you. The only other thing that I didn't care for was that we never found out what some items sold (the beanie babies, Flair's robe, Tyson's trunks, etc.). I suppose I could look them up, but I'd rather find out on the show.

  • MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:
    I have only watched the first episode. I think Kenny comes off as pompous though.

    I wonder how many of the people watching have any idea that they are watching the same "kenny" that don west was always screaming at?

    I remember those days. I still can't see him any other way than screaming on the phone to Don about the rarities of North Carolina Michael Jordan Rookie Cards. Ever since those days, I have viewed him as a total clown.

  • JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

    The true king of collectibles would be the Vatican anyways

  • coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

    That dream team jersey display from Karl Malone was fantastic

  • 72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

    Did The father and son who bought the beanie babies have their own card show like pawn stars a few years ago where people came
    Into their shop? They look familiar.

    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @72skywalker said:
    Did The father and son who bought the beanie babies have their own card show like pawn stars a few years ago where people came
    Into their shop? They look familiar.

    they sure did. it was called ball boys. about 10 years ago.

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm sorry but Goldin comes off in anything he does as awkward and a carnival barker. I am not a fan!

    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • 72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:

    @72skywalker said:
    Did The father and son who bought the beanie babies have their own card show like pawn stars a few years ago where people came
    Into their shop? They look familiar.

    they sure did. it was called ball boys. about 10 years ago.

    I remember them now. l can see that they did not use any of the money they received from that show for acting lessons.

    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I watched all of the episodes. I thought it was a good series. Anything that highlights card collecting is a plus in my book.

  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @pab1969 said:
    I watched all of the episodes. I thought it was a good series. Anything that highlights card collecting is a plus in my book.

    If the show gets brought back for a season 2, I hope that they showcase more card related items. I know that might be hard to do being a reality show of an auction house that offers so much noncard related items but they could layout 30-40 rare cards and just film it for us lol. Ken's always telling us that he's looking for the rarest most valuable stuff so let's see it.

  • DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @RonSportscards said:
    It's on my watch list, but can't stop binge watching Ozark right now.
    Plus I get more than my fill of Goldin with endless emails from PSA pushing them.

    Ozark is tremendous!

    Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

    Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox, 1968 Venz Sox

Sign In or Register to comment.