1235»

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

@gorilla glue 4 said:

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:
    Didn't Beltre sign a massive contract after his steroid filled season? Like that season put him on the map.if I remember correctly

yes he did.

So you agree that he took steroids. Nice!

who are you?

@craig44 I am going to go out in a limb and assume you didn't fully read @perkdog 's question. This was on page 1. It doesn't mesh with your stance. 🤷

@craig44 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

@gorilla glue 4 said:

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:
    Didn't Beltre sign a massive contract after his steroid filled season? Like that season put him on the map.if I remember correctly

yes he did.

who are you?

@craig44 I am going to go out in a limb and assume you didn't fully read @perkdog 's question. This was on page 1. It doesn't mesh with your stance. 🤷

nope, guess I missed that.

It was about Beltre signing that massive contract after his monster season, Craig stated "Yes" so he did answer.

I disagree with Craig in this thread but I'm not a good Baseball Stat guy so I'm not going to embarrass myself and get involved other than what I already said.

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

@gorilla glue 4 said:

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

yes he did.

who are you?

@craig44 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

@gorilla glue 4 said:

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

yes he did.

who are you?

nope, guess I missed that.

It was about Beltre signing that massive contract after his monster season, Craig stated "Yes" so he did answer.

I wouldnt call his Seattle contract massive. 5 years 64 million and he never made more than 13.4 million a year. Granted contracts were smaller back then but the top guys were making significantly over 20 a year. Arod even broke the 30 million a year mark during Beltres contract with Seattle. He played so long that he made over 200 million, but for as good as he was he was never paid in the elite tier. Boston was a 1 year 9 million after the injury season and his Texas contract never got above 18 million a year which was at the end of it. He obliviously made some more money off the field with endorsements and such, but it is a little strange that one of the best 3rd basemen off all time who played for 21 years was never paid at the elite level.

Missouri 14 OSU 3