Home Sports Talk

How will Hydrant handle this?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

This should be fun, Georgia's Stetson Bennett has been drafted by Hydrant's LA Rams.

It's been a long road for former Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett, but the former walk-on is now an NFL draft pick.

Bennett was taken with the No. 128 overall pick by the Los Angeles Rams on Saturday. He's coming off his best college season in which he led Georgia to a second straight national title and was also named a finalist for the Heisman Trophy.

Bennett is set to join the Rams at a time when the franchise has some questions to answer at the quarterback position. Most would say Matthew Stafford has the job for as long as he wants it, but Stafford (another former Georgia quarterback) was marred by injuries last season.

Stafford isn't getting any younger and the Rams don't appear to be in a position to compete, so Bennett could end up getting more time to develop.

It's an ideal landing spot for Bennett, who stands to benefit from Sean McVay's quarterback friendly offense. The same could be said for Brock Purdy, who went from the final pick of the draft to nearly leading the San Francisco 49ers to an appearance in the Super Bowl last season.

It's also a return to a comfortable place for Bennett. The Bulldogs dismantled TCU in last season's national championship game at SoFi Stadium - the home of the Los Angeles Rams.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2023 3:50AM

He will be better than Stafford was last year lol

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that this pick came as a surprise to many.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very catchy name, Stetson Bennett, I wish my mother would have named me Stetson.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he could be better than Stafford too. He was just awful.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

@doubledragon said:
    Very catchy name, Stetson Bennett, I wish my mother would have named me Stetson.

Stetson Dragon?

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

Stetson Dragon?

I was thinking the same thing, I want to be Stetson Dragon, I am Stetson Dragon.

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

Stetson Dragon?

I was thinking the same thing, I want to be Stetson Dragon, I am Stetson Dragon.

Stetson Double Dragon

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

Stetson Dragon?

Stetson Double Dragon

Q:Why do they call Stetson Dragon double Dragon?

A:No one knows. If you ask him, he just says "ask me again and find out." With a name like Stetson, no one ever asks twice.

@thisistheshow said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

Stetson Dragon?

Stetson Double Dragon

Q:Why do they call Stetson Dragon double Dragon?

A:No one knows. If you ask him, he just says "ask me again and find out." With a name like Stetson, no one ever asks twice.

They also make Stetson cologne, it's true, and real men use Stetson.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2023 1:31PM

The Hydrants celebrated the announcement with a Sunday barbecue...... What else!.....The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ was all set to run up the hill to the store for hot dogs, hamburger, soda, and beer!.....But, I had a better idea!!!!.......Let's keep the party Ranch Themed!!!.....So, I put on my official Rams shirt, gathered up a few Little Hydrants, and off we went!....Kicking through the sage looking for dinner!......Didn't take long....
    BINGO......Fire Up The Grill!

The Appetizer!
    Beats Shrimp Cocktail Seven Ways From Sunday!

The Main Course!

Looks Yummy!
    I Can't Wait!

I Invited A Few Close Friends Over....
    They Were Impressed!

Brenda Showed Up Too....
    She Wasn't Invited,... But That's Just Brenda..
    She's A Little Ditzy....
    But She's A Nice Girl....
    Real Nice...

Wish You Could Have Joined Us......
    Adios Amigos!

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

After The Stetson Signing????

DON'T DOUBT ME.....

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    I think that this pick came as a surprise to many.

Shocking to be that early. Very strange player. Forgets how to play football for half the game like against OSU but then has these moments where hes the best QB ever for a quarter at the end of the game. He might get some opportunities but I would be surprised if he was more than a backup and I dont think they picked him with the expectation of him being their future QB

Missouri 14 OSU 3