Home Sports Talk
Options

Red Sox are improving daily with Paxon coming on the radar and Sale pitching well

tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 21, 2023 5:11AM in Sports Talk

Is there something that the Sox training people are not implementing causing all these injuries?
I believe they have 10 players on that list right now.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow that is a lot, unless they are tired of playing when they know they won't be competitive

• Options

Most of those injuries are serious ones.
    Bello tore a fingernail today also on his pitching hand.

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭✭

Everyone has a ton of injuries. Pitching injuries were already on the rise and now a 15 second pitch clock will increase them even more. Every team has been hit with injuries though and almost all of them are missing a significant player

• Options

Yankees are now without their 2 big home run hitters and have sunk into last place.

• Options

Paxton coming back strong sure will help the Red Sox.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice win last night. Verdugo is really stepping up with his bat. They need a nice streak and keep the Yanks in the cellar.

I don't know how many watch the Red Sox games, but it appears Directv broadcasts a lot of Red Sox games in 4k, which is fine with me. I don't think you have to have the MLB extra innings package (which I do), but there are a couple of 4k channels on Directv which are no charge. If you don't have a 4k tv, trust me, you are really missing a treat!!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Nice win last night. Verdugo is really stepping up with his bat. They need a nice streak and keep the Yanks in the cellar.

I don't know how many watch the Red Sox games, but it appears Directv broadcasts a lot of Red Sox games in 4k, which is fine with me. I don't think you have to have the MLB extra innings package (which I do), but there are a couple of 4k channels on Directv which are no charge. If you don't have a 4k tv, trust me, you are really missing a treat!!

I used to watch almost all the games, but YoutubeTV dropped NESN a few years ago so I hardly ever see a regular season game anymore. I often have them playing in the background on the radio though.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    edited May 2, 2023 10:27AM

I think Direct tv is offering MLB packages at a discount right now so if you want to see some great Red Sox action then get on board.> @Basebal21 said:

Everyone has a ton of injuries. Pitching injuries were already on the rise and now a 15 second pitch clock will increase them even more. Every team has been hit with injuries though and almost all of them are missing a significant player

The 15 second pitch clock has nothing to do with a batter stepping out of the batter box to adjust his crotch after every pitch.

Don't forget guys a subscription to the MLB package for the year costs you less that it costs to attend one game in person at Fenway park. Don't miss out on a great opportunity or you will regret it!

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:
    I think Direct tv is offering MLB packages at a discount right now so if you want to see some great Red Sox action then get on board.> @Basebal21 said:

The 15 second pitch clock has nothing to do with a batter stepping out of the batter box to adjust his crotch after every pitch.

Except it does. batters have 7 seconds to be set in the box. Pitching injuries are going to continue to mount as the year goes on, the clock is simply to fast. College uses 20 seconds with a warning and losely enforces it and it works great there. Thats only a 60ish game schedule max if you make it to Omaha and during the regular season starters only pitch once a week on set days. MLB decided to with a 15 second strictly enforced clock with starters working twice a week in a much much longer season.

Obviously MLB wants the fastest game possible to add more commercial time and make more money but its going to get more guys hurt as the season goes on. Ironically many teams are now selling alcohol the entire game due to the lost revenue from the faster games

• Options

Wong is sure an upgrade over Vasquez,

• Options

I am glad to see that Yoshida seems to be getting the hang of MLB pitching with the 12 game hit streak. I thought he may flounder until the all star break

• Options
    edited May 3, 2023 8:01AM

It looks like all the big baseball nuts were wrong about him and the Sox got a good deal after all. Blooms deals seem to be on course so far. I know I am enjoying watching games so far this year as they always seem to pull them out before the end of the games.

• Options

This is getting to be exciting watching the Sox win every day. The pitchers are just good enough to last long enough to get to Jansen and the hitters are doing a great job. The manager has been pulling the right moves and it all highlights the work Bloom did this past winter. Keep it up Red Sox!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me find out the Sox are ahead of the Yankees?

• Options

a hiccup yesterday, but had won 8 in a row previous.

• Options
    edited May 8, 2023 7:07AM

Two games with the Braves now!
    Who will Paxon replace in the starting order as they don't need 6 starters?

• Options

Paxon pitched another great game last night and it is great to have him in the rotation..
    Know most of you did not see the whole game but I'm sure you saw Devers hit the 2 home runs before retiring.
    Tonight is another Sale day so it should be a great game.

• Options

You want to see pitchers do what they are signed to do just watch what Paxton and Sale did the last 2 nights. That is what champions do. I hope everybody that could not stay up to watch those 2 games taped them. I give Cora credit too for sticking with them as I could see he didn't want to as they put their hearts into it.