Home Autographs Forum
Options

PSA/DNA Pre-Cert of framed item and other questions

burghmanburghman Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 25, 2023 3:34PM in Autographs Forum

Question for you experts… I recently picked up a nicely framed autographed jersey that’s quite large about 4ft x 3.5ft. It was PSA/DNA Pre-Certified, so I’d like to take advantage of the deal. So, some questions:

Do I need to remove it from the frame for them to authenticate? If I send it in, I probably would do that to save on shipping. But PSA/DNA will be at the Rich Altman show in Boston this weekend, and I assume they’d honor the pre Cert guarantee in person as well. But will they do it in the frame? It’s really nicely done, all sealed up on the back, etc. - I’d hate to have to crack the thing open… They presumably pre-certified it in the frame and they guarantee an official cert if submitted, so it seems like keeping it in the frame keeps the integrity in place. But I also don’t want to lug this massive thing around and potentially stand in line for hours with it either, so maybe I should remove it. But would that void the pre-cert? Ugh, I’m torn and confused.

Finally, how can I tell if the frame’s glass has museum glass or some kind of UV protection?

Thanks all!

Jim

Jim

Comments

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where did you buy it? I think if you contact them they might tell you exactly how you go about getting a full certification. You might not have to do anything other than tell the company you purchased it from your information and pay the upgrade certification fee.

I know with RRAuction wins you just have to pay the extra fee and the authentication company sends a full certification based on the fact they already viewed item for auction house. Not sure if this is how other auction houses operate.

• Options
    edited April 25, 2023 5:07PM

Thanks, maybe that’ll work. I sure hope they took pics while they had it so it can all just be paid for and sent along. Got it from Heritage Auctions, and I think they have an “in-house” PSA/DNA guy (I’ve also sold some autos through them).

Jim

• Options

@JMS1223 Thanks for the advice - I contacted Heritage based on your suggestion and was notified today that they got the LOA for me! Much appreciated.

Jim

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's fantastic!