Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Topps Vault question

I recently bought a Topps Vault card because I enjoy collecting Oliva. It came with a 1:1 card from Topps stating it's a Vault issue. It's a bit different from others I've seen with a blank back, etc.. though and looks like a regular issue. I'd like to cross it over to PSA though. A lot I've seen don't have grades and I thought it was nice this one does.

Anyone know if PSA will Grade/Slab these?

Comments

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think I'd crack-it...it looks Pretty Cool as is... :)

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 949 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GroceryRackPack said:
    I don't think I'd crack-it...it looks Pretty Cool as is... :)

I wasn't going to crack, but just send in to do a Crossover. Just remembered they wouldn't do these at some point in the past and couldn't find if that's still the policy or not.

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if it's changed but PSA didn't grade proofs in the past. What you have is a "file copy", not a proof. It's a finished card that Topps kept in their files, very cool item. Personally, I'd not cross it over, Topps had these done by BVG, much cooler with that provenance.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 949 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kid4hof03 said:
    I'm not sure if it's changed but PSA didn't grade proofs in the past. What you have is a "file copy", not a proof. It's a finished card that Topps kept in their files, very cool item. Personally, I'd not cross it over, Topps had these done by BVG, much cooler with that provenance.

Thanks. Yes, it came with the provenance card too that states it's a 1:1, etc... (I just don't have a scan of that).

I appreciate the info. I guess I"ll just keep it like it is.