Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency
Options

FRN District Sets by trading $1 notes

I’ m looking for trading partners. Thought I would work on building district sets for starters. Just getting back into collecting currency, I used to collect block sets and I had a group of traders on a yahoo group called block traders many moons ago. I’ve managed to collect about 10 groups of sequential $1’s at the bank in the past few months from the 2017A series but only a few different districts. It’s pretty cost effective’ just the price of a stamp to exchange a few notes. I’m on the east coast in NC and Richmond is our most common district. Let me know if anyone has an interest.
Radtex

Comments

• Options

I thought for sure that I could find other modern note collectors on the forum. I currently have 3 different $1 2017A districts and 2 different districts for the 2017A $2 and 2013 $2.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FrankM Welcome, maybe show us some examples of exactly what you collect. Show and tell works here. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

So here is what I have to trade.

10 CU consecutive 2017A $2 BA block for trade. Looking for 5-10 consecutive 2017A $2 any district except B or L.

10 CU consecutive 2017A $2 LA block for trade. Looking for 5-10 consecutive 2017A $2 any district except B or L.

10 CU consecutive 2017A $1 JA block for trade. Looking for 5-10 consecutive 2017A $1 any district except E or J.

10 notes CU consecutive groups of 2017A $1 LA block for trade. Looking for 5-10 consecutive 2017A $1 any district except E or J.

• Options

• Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything older that 2017?

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options

Yes, a few here and there. I am slowly working on an inventory. What did you have in mind?

• Options

I got lucky yesterday at the bank and picked up some new notes including a partial strap of 2017A EA block up for trade too.

• Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have to check the safe deposit box. My father was an avid FRN $1 collector.

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    FrankMFrankM Posts: 21

I've picked up several more sequential CU notes in the past couple of weeks, both $1s and $2s. If anyone is interested in making a trade for series 2017A I can share an inventory list.

• Options

I just picked up a strap of 2017A $2s LA block from the bank. I’m now up to 7 districts with some spare notes to trade if anyone has an interest.

• Options

So at this point in my goal to collect a CU district set which kind of morphed into a CU block set I have collected about 20 different blocks for the 2017A series $1 FRN. Not too bad out of about 40 blocks printed, but a long way to go. I also began collecting a CU 2017A $2 district set and now have 7 districts. I’m always trying to get extra notes for trades should I find some collectors to trade with but it looks like there are barely any others working on the current 2017A series. I am visiting family this summer in New England so I will be hitting the banks for new money and in the mean time I’ll still try locally but it’s been dry. Maybe my trade lists will generate some interest.

$1 2017A UP FOR TRADE
    AA,EA,EC,FF,GC,JA

$2 2017A UP FOR TRADE
    BA,EA,LA

$1 2017A NEEDED
    AB
    BA,BB,BD
    CA
    DA,DB,DC
    ED
    FA,FB,FC,FI
    GA,GD,GF
    IA
    JB
    KA,KB,KC
    LA,LC,LE,LG

$2 2017A NEEDED
    CA
    FA
    HA
    JA
    KA

• Options

I got a mixed strap of CU $2s today. Not sure how that happens but first half of the strap is BAs and 2nd half of the strap is EAs. Just happens to be what I have gotten before so nothing new here. Also found out my favorite teller at the bank is leaving, too bad she always kept an eye out for me. Just a shout out for anyone collecting series 2017A either $1s or $2s looking to make a trade of a few notes.

• Options

I’m still looking to make trades. I’m almost done with the 2017A $1 block set, still need about 6 more blocks to finish. I’m still working on the 2017A $2 district set. I’m looking for the $2 Philadelphia and Atlanta districts to finish. Next I guess I’ll start on a 2021 district set although I have yet to see this series in circulation. Anyone that wants to trade CU notes just shoot me a message.

• Options

Update! The $2 2017A district set is completed. I am also almost done with the $2 2013 district set, still need the C,G and J districts. The difficult set is the 2017A block set. I only need 3 more blocks to complete the set. They are the FI, KC and LG. I haven't seen any of these blocks in CU condition and not even in circulated condition. I have extra notes so please reach out if you would like to make any trades.