Home Sports Talk
Options

NHL What team (s) do you guys follow on a regular basis?

PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Edmonton
Pittsburgh
Boston
Colorado
Buffalo
Detroit

sometimes Dallas

and almost all other Canadian teams since I live here.

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

Comments

• Options

What team (s) will you guys be following this playoff season?

• Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Cedar Rapids Rough Riders is the only team I followed because they were local and numerous friends worked there and we would play after a good night of partying in the 90s.

Hopefully the hockey guys get in on the discussion.

I've never followed NHL bit maybe I should. Iowa never had a professional sports team and hockey wasn't popular as a kid in my area.

• Options

@JolleyWrencher said:
    Cedar Rapids Rough Riders is the only team I followed because they were local and numerous friends worked there and we would play after a good night of partying in the 90s.

Hopefully the hockey guys get in on the discussion.

I've never followed NHL bit maybe I should. Iowa never had a professional sports team and hockey wasn't popular as a kid in my area.

NHL hockey is great one of the few sports I truly enjoy that and the NFL.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, I have never followed the NHL. But, all of these Hockey posts here at ST have really started to pique my interest about the sport. I know next to nothing about it, but for the last month I find myself checking the points and goals leaderboards almost every day.

I guess you can say I am not really following a team, but I am keeping track of players for the first time.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was younger I followed the Bruins but its been quite awhile since I've watched them play,IIRC their last game that I had watched was in the Finals vs STL however many years ago that was.
    But with all of the recent threads lately about tying/breaking the wins record I've tuned into their last two games and I'll probably watch tonight to see if they can get the points record too.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    When I was younger I followed the Bruins but its been quite awhile since I've watched them play,IIRC their last game that I had watched was in the Finals vs STL however many years ago that was.
    But with all of the recent threads lately about tying/breaking the wins record I've tuned into their last two games and I'll probably watch tonight to see if they can get the points record too.

They may very well win the Stanley Cup this year. They are almost unbeatable.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I grew up in Massachusetts. The Bruins are my team. As are all Boston teams, etc. However, hockey is the sport that I know the least about, in a way.

I never played. Maybe that was the disconnect. Either way, I always loved sports, but I didn't "know" hockey. I followed it, just not not as closely as other sports.

A lot of the people in my family are huge hockey fans. When I was up in Massachusetts recently, visiting from Texas, I sat down and enjoyed a few Bruins games with family. My step father, as well as an Uncle and some other family. It was a lot of fun.

I love playoff NHL.

• Options
    edited April 11, 2023 2:05PM

@thisistheshow said:
    I grew up in Massachusetts. The Bruins are my team. As are all Boston teams, etc. However, hockey is the sport that I know the least about, in a way.

I never played. Maybe that was the disconnect. Either way, I always loved sports, but I didn't "know" hockey. I followed it, just not not as closely as other sports.

A lot of the people in my family are huge hockey fans. When I was up in Massachusetts recently, visiting from Texas, I sat down and enjoyed a few Bruins games with family. My step father, as well as an Uncle and some other family. It was a lot of fun.

I love playoff NHL.

You guys have a huge hockey history in Boston one of the the original 6 NHL teams. Here in Canada we have 2 of the original 6: Toronto & Montreal.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PillarDollarCollector said:

@thisistheshow said:

I love playoff NHL.

You guys have a huge hockey history in Boston one of the the original 6 NHL teams.

For sure.

Like I said, it was huge growing up.

As I'm sure you saw, I posted that question about Jeremy Roenick in another thread. I said I brought that up because I was talking to a family member about it.

That would be my cousin, a few years older than me. He played hockey with Roenick at Thayer Academy (High School) in Massachusetts. Through this cousin I have a lot of hockey conversation. He has a lot of good insight and stories.

My last surviving Uncle on my Mom's side is a huge Bruins fan. I watched a couple games with him (on the tv) when I was visiting.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not really a hockey dude per say; although I do like when Vancouver or Kings wears their old school retro uni's...I think they look pretty cool... B)

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't follow NHL too much but my buddies are heavy into the Bruins so they come over to watch them in the playoffs, lots of wagering and drinking going on

Good times lol

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I don't follow NHL too much but my buddies are heavy into the Bruins so they come over to watch them in the playoffs, lots of wagering and drinking going on

Good times lol

They will most likely win The Cup this year or Edmonton.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oilers. Since l986 when I first spent time in Edmonton. It was late season, through the playoffs and watched the Flames and Oilers have at it. Although I did enjoy the Caps and the Bruins while I lived in their respective cities, never got engaged in the local team when I was in Chicago..............

It is looking like a Bruins year but still hoping for the Oil.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Penguins. This has been a very rough week...

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2