Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bubble Mailer for Submission of Low Priced Commons

Yankeefan320Yankeefan320 Posts: 160 ✭✭

Do any of you mail inexpensive common cards for submission in a bubble mailer? Can one get Tracking for a small bubble mailer mailed USPS 1st Class? No insurance is needed because of the low value of these cards. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes you can get a tracking # for a size 0 mailer... :)

• Options
    Yankeefan320Yankeefan320 Posts: 160 ✭✭
    edited April 7, 2023 2:20PM

@GroceryRackPack said:

Thanks! Does mailing a size 0 bubble mailer via 1st class come with tracking or is it extra?

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yankeefan320 said:

@GroceryRackPack said:

Thanks! Does mailing a size 0 bubble mailer via 1st class come with tracking or is it extra?

shipping a size 0 with tracking is around $5 and change or so... :)

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 8, 2023 8:23AM

I assume you’re submitting to PSA. Do they accept bubble mailers? Their packaging guidelines specifically call for cardboard boxes. Might be worth digging into before you waste the time / money. A small cardboard box only costs a couple more bucks to ship than a bubble mailer.

https://www.psacard.com/submissions/shipguide

Jim

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@burghman said:
    I assume you’re submitting to PSA. Do they accept bubble mailers? Their packaging guidelines specifically call for cardboard boxes........

In the past I have submitted in bubble mailers when cardboard box was in their "specifications." Whether it is just a suggestion or a rule I do not know, but why would they care since the risk is on the submitter?

Whether they open a pristine cardboard box or a mutilated bubble mailer, they are definitely going to grade the contents.

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, valid point. I’ve heard of them turning away boxes that have damage so I wasn’t sure if they also turned away bubble mailers automatically for liability reasons (something inside the mailer could more easily be damaged without obvious external signs than a box, e.g. just by folding the mailer). With all of the threads here complaining about cards with dinged corners and edges that weren’t like that when they were submitted, I just wouldn’t be surprised if PSA did as much as they could to eliminate those chances by rejecting certain packaging.

Jim

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10, 2023 6:54AM

I have mailed to PSA in bubble mailers before, but only like once or twice. these days, its always a box.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll probably regret asking this, but... why not just ship in a 400 ct box? Postage is the same for a small box/bubble mailer. I've mailed many cards in these via First Class and it's always $4+. If it were a submission I would always go with a Small or Medium Flat Rate but that's just me, I'm not a gambler.

Arthur