Home Q & A Forum
Options

Packing coins for shipping

Piano1Piano1 Posts: 233 ✭✭✭

Hello, and thanks for your thoughts.

I am looking for a place to buy these cardboard self-adheasive enclosures to ship coins in when I sell on eBay. I like to wrap my sales thoroughly and I had just a few of these left over from years ago. Can anyone tell me where they might be available (or if they are still made)?

Thanks.

Piano1

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2023 5:00AM

@Piano1 A keyword search in the Google indicates Prime has what you want in a variety of flavors. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Namvet69 and Goldbully, Thanks!!! I found exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated.

Piano1

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Piano1 Don't forget the Mylar inside to prevent the slab chip from being read by a cell phone.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Good morning, Namvet69, and thanks for the heads up. I never even gave this a thought when I mail out a certified coin!! I'll be wrapping any future slab sales more carefully in the future for sure.

I appreciate your keeping me informed of this potential shipping hazard!

Piano1

• Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:
    @Piano1 Don't forget the Mylar inside to prevent the slab chip from being read by a cell phone.

Regular (non-metallized) Mylar will NOT WORK for blocking RFID tags. Plain Mylar is non-conductive and transparent to radio waves. Use aluminum foil to block radio signals.

• Options

Just another thank you post to Namvet69 and element 159. I have a slab that will be shipped out tomorrow morning so again, I appreciate your comments and concern. I guess a guy can't be too careful these days.

Much appreciated!! Piano1

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried wizard coin supplies?

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

Hi, JWP.

Yup, been to Wizard Coin Supplies a few times. I like the company a lot and somewhere I have a coupon. I'll be needing supplies shortly so I will be there.

Thanks for the reminder.

Piano1