Home Sports Talk

for those who follow the Red Sox, kinda lengthy, but informative

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Al!

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭✭

I was looking ,for the first time at years, at seat prices this morning and really got quite a shock at what I saw.
    Tickets for where I used to sit at Fenway were $399 a seat!
    Who in their right mind would pay that kind of money plus the hassle of getting in and out of Fenway?
    My 75 inch TV and easy chair along with nearness to my kitchen work well for me.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,397 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:
    I was looking ,for the first time at years, at seat prices this morning and really got quite a shock at what I saw.
    Who in their right mind would pay that kind of money plus the hassle of getting in and out of Fenway?
    My 75 inch TV and easy chair along with nearness to my kitchen work well for me.

I cant imagine what it would take for me to go to Fenway again. small seats, expensive food and just a hassle getting to and fro. I still have some bleacher ticket stubs that were $6. used to go to lots of games in the 80's-90's

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

I remember going in the 50's and those bleacher tickets were $1.00 !
    Even if I still lived in Mass I would not go now as my a$$ is too big and my wallet too small.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:

You forgot to mention clean bathrooms (no Fenway trough) with no lines, free parking too. I couldn't agree more, going to Fenway now is more of an expensive hassle. How I DON'T miss the Kenmore Square hassle taking the T, or trying to get out of a very pricey parking area. Like you, my tv (last 3 games in 4k) works just fine.

Stay well out there in ABQ.

You too my friend !
    I am glad my tv shit the bed this year.
    My new tv with 4K is like being there without the hassle of being there.
    Some pretty good young players coming up this year worth watching.

Pirates in 4k today too !!

I think the Masters will take over 4k soon, so enjoy the pics of Fenway in 4k while its being offered.

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭

Fenways one of those places you go once or twice to say you did. Theres a lot of bad seats like at Wrigley. Worst part about it now aside from the prices is that with the new pitch clock the lines for bathrooms and concessions are longer with everyone trying to go at the same time. You can miss an entire inning or more standing in line

That would not work for me anymore as I can't hold it that long never mind missing an inning ! That is just another thing to add to my list of watching the game on my new tv as the potty is just 20 feet away and unoccupied because I have 2 of them and there are only 2 of us living here. .

Remember the nasty trough in the mens room? holy cow. I will never forget laying eyes on that thing when I was a kid and thinking, "what am I supposed to do here?"

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    Remember the nasty trough in the mens room? holy cow. I will never forget laying eyes on that thing when I was a kid and thinking, "what am I supposed to do here?"

I was there in 2018, and I believe it's gone...?

@craig44 said:

How well I remember, DISGUSTING.

I don't remember much anymore but I do remember those in my younger years.

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

I was there in 2018, and I believe it's gone...?

It is gone. Thank Heavens!

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.